Sign in to follow this  
Rhaveniel

Rhaveniel and Avelis enter the inn

Rhaveniel enters the inn with Avelis close on her heels. She stops briefly to hang up her cloak on its usual hook before walking up to Miles. She stops a few feet away. "Miles, do you have a moment?"

Miles looks up from the stew he is simmering, his eyes dull despite the cheerful smile he offers to the new arrivals.

"Ah, welcome. What can I do for you two? Something to eat, perhaps?"

"Rhaveniel sold you something...I want it back." he said moving forward, leaning on the bar, his eyes not being able to keep themselves from eying the various bottles.

Miles' eyes glint as the Faekin explains his desire.

"I see. And what would this item be...?"

He looks at the two of them, a quizzical eyebrow raised.

Rhaveniel gives Avelis a warning look as he gazes at the bottles. "I'm afraid that Avelis disagreed with our decision to part with the gifts from the Elemental." She looks to Miles, her warning turning to a warm smile. "I told him that perhaps you would be willing to trade back for the shells and stone."

Miles' forehead crinkled with incredulity.

"...trade back...?"

Miles favored them both with a stern look.

"I received those items in fair trade for services rendered. I held up my end of the bargain, and now you wish to have the payment back? I most certainly do not wish to have the food I served you returned to me at this late date, as it is suitable only for fertilizer at this point. This is most unsettling."

Miles looked at the Wyldling, and one corner of his mouth turned up slightly.

"Still, you say these things were gifts from the Elemental Herself? In that case, perhaps I should divest myself of them before other forces come to collect them. Besides, if they were gifts, they belong to you already. Very well, I shall relent... but perhaps I might be able to acquire a scroll of similar value from you in payment, Lady Rhaveniel...?"

Miles opens a small pouch at his side and removes a small, red-swirled stone and a necklace of seashells, which he places on the bar before him.

Rhaveniel looks at Miles uncertainly. "I apologize at my poor choice of words. I am still learning how to explain the way things work in civilized lands to my wild friend here. I had thought that we were all in agreement over what was to be done with the items. I did as was requested of me and nothing more. And then, he demands to see the items. I attempted to explain, but he would hear nothing of it." She looks at the wildling with a mixture of sympathy and frustration. "I will give whatever you ask of me. You have my word."

Miles waves his hand dismissively.

"It is all right... a poor attempt a humor. I will be glad to return them, for an equivalent trade. And perhaps you, Artemis, should carry your possessions yourself, lest one of your companions accidentally invest them again."

"No, I will be the one who pays for them. the rest of the group seems content with selling them, I should be the one to earn them back." He said, looking at both Rhaveniel and miles.

How much coin do you want for them?

Rhaveniel takes a couple of steps closer to Miles letting the weight of the day show clearly on her face. "I am sorry that I did not see it for what it was." She sighs. "I'm afraid my day has been filled with talk of a more somber nature." She glaces over at Avelis. "I believe that the wildling only wished to hold onto something that brought him joy in the midst of all of our recent losses. I cannot blame him for that." She looks back to Miles, the beginnings of a smile on her face. "As for trade, I believe that was used to purchase six meals and two potions . . . she thinks a moment . . . but the potions were paritally paid for in coin. And", she smiles at him and winks "I allowed you to make a decent profit on them. More than I've been making as of late. What would you say is fair, my gentleman?"

Miles nods at the Faekin's words.

"Well said, Artemis. One should always earn that which they desire."

With a glance at Rhaveniel, Miles places his hand over the items he placed upon the bar.

"These were traded to me for a value of 25 coins. That should be your goal should you wish to earn them back. And for you, my Lady," Miles turns to the elf, "I would like to purchase several items from you for my own private supplies, which I fear are rather diminished after our escapade in the caverns recently."

Rhaveniel smiles at Miles and nods. "Ofcourse, do you wish to discuss the matter privately? I may have what you desire in my stores, but if not I will be happy to make whatever you require. I am only grateful that you kept to your word and returned safely."

Miles nods to Rhaveniel.

"A private discussion would be most agreeable, my Lady. Perhaps I can discuss several other matters that have been weighing upon me for some time now, as well."

Rhaveniel looks at Miles and nods. "Very well then, are you free now? And did you have a particular location in mind or shall we just walk where our feet take us?"

She turns to Avelis. "I trust that you will compensate Miles when you can. In the future, be aware that I am the quartermaster, as it may be, for our group. It is my job to procure the potions and scrolls needed to keep you alive. I cannot do that without paying for them. If you do not want me to pay with something that interest you I too require compensation."

Avelis looked at miles for a second, but it didn't take long before he agreed to the price. He had no reason to doubt miles' word.