Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Beginning Leatherwork

Thanks very much.

My new years resolution is to get my prop and leather workshop set up by the end of january and begin leather work. This helps a lot!

Let me know if you need anything from Tandy, I can use my discount. I'd also recommend you find a weekday when you can drive out here, and I'll take you to D&L Leather. They have Osborne tools, which are much better quality than anything you'll get from Tandy and a third of the price, as well as mad cheap leather, hardware, and chemicals.

I heart D&L Leather, the only bummer is that we out here (in syracuse) need to take a vacation day to buy stuff from them =( The last time I came over, they were open 9-3:30 M-F, but their stuff is definitely worth it.

I'd also recommend you find a weekday when you can drive out here, and I'll take you to D&L Leather. They have Osborne tools, which are much better quality than anything you'll get from Tandy and a third of the price, as well as mad cheap leather, hardware, and chemicals.

I'm happy to pick up stuff for people that need it. Give me an idea what you're looking for and I'll grab it before the next event. His prices make it well worth the trip out ($10 for a quart of dye versus $25 at Tandy, for example).

Thursday, I am taking Wayde to D&L Leather to introduce him to Rocco and get some chemicals and leather (and a few tools), then to Tandy in Syracuse for more tools and hardware. We're going to use up all my 50% off coupons with my Tandy discount and get him started with tools and a belly to start working on. Tandy is running some HUGE sales that end on the 31st, stuff like The $39.99 Basic 7 Tool set for $19.99, their economy rotary punch for $5.99, poly mallets for $9.99 (regular $24.99), and so on. D&L Leather will still sell you stuff like Osborne drive punches for $2 each and Osborne skivers for $7 each.

Anyways, if anyone else wants in on this field trip, we're leaving my house at noon on Thursday. Gimme a call and let me know you're coming and you can ride along. Or, if any of you Syracuse people need anything from D&L, gimme a list and I'll meet you behind Tandy and hand it over.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this