hivemind

[Battle Magic] Rough Draft

Besides, we made the Swarm and Maelstrom so effecient. They are the cream of the damage spell crop. This one could afford to trade sheer output for versatility. Currently the only other way for a PC to nuke a shield is a 4th rank Alchemical effect. Expensive, one shot, trained herbalism only.

Shields have it coming to them. Being able to carry around a small wall to put between yourself and the enemy's weapons has to come with a price other than "it's heavy!"

Shields have it coming to them. Being able to carry around a small wall to put between yourself and the enemy's weapons has to come with a price other than "it's heavy!"

I'll be more sarcastic next time. Seriously I agree with you.

Currently the only other way for a PC to nuke a shield is a 4th rank Alchemical effect. Expensive, one shot, trained herbalism only.

Unless there's been I change I believe Vial of Acid is level 3. Still I get your point and agree. That was one of the reasons I thought of a spell version.

-Brian

What about a spell that makes the touched weapon ignor monsterus for ten minutes, there are so many monsterus creatures out these days it would be a real good spell to have, and worth the four power points if you are fighting a bunch of ogres. Call it Piercing Blade or something.

Bypassing monstrous is *HUGE*, so we're only looking at the one spell that does it.

I never want to see a player with any kind of unlimited smite ability, ever. I never want to see a weapon that hits for smite, an item that lets the player hit for smite, or an enchantment that hits for smite for game day.

It's like handing out extra trumps in a card game, and we're not going to do it.