Kinger

[Nature Magic] Disipate

while I agree about the standing at a choke point bit, I wouldn't like it if the spell was 10 minutes minimum.

I wouldnt use dissipate nearly as much if I had to sit in one place for ten minutes either. If you want to blink fight and use the power to dissipate for 3 seconds thats your decision in my opinion. Blink fighting adds a little bit of suspense and suprise to the game in my opinion, and I personally love it. I also like the "mark your spot" idea. I wouldn't be opposed to marking my spot, moving out of the way, then coming back to my spot when I'm ready to come back in. The only thing is people may metagame a bit like "oh look hes coming back to his flag lets be ready".

Personally I would agree with the change of allowing a dissipated person to move away from the area of combat and then come back when combat is over. You've vanished into the elements so someone shouldn't be able to run into your physical body.

This last game when Drea came at us as the Doll I was dissipated but she kept hitting me because she could still see another person OOC standing there.

I also thinks it makes more sense to add that mechanic. I've always thought of dissipate as something like "a gust of leaves blows by and carries you with it." It would make sense to me that the wind may not deposit you back in the exact spot you left from.

A minimum time limit of a minute or two might help keep it to a defensive use if people are that worried about blink fighting.

Though as to blink fighting I'm inclined to agree with the arguement that if the castor wants to blow the points by all means let them... it'll stop them from casting something nastier later. Though I still see the spell as a "WTF I can't fight I need an escape route." I know I wouldn't be alive without it.

I like the idea of having letting them walk off the area of battle and leaving a marker. This should eliminate the couple times I've seen someone standing dissapated as a shield for other people. I also like the idea of it lasting for a minimum of 1 minute.

-Brian

I don't get why so many people are against a natural tactic of a spell that in no way implies a run away spell. if you don't like having to roleplay turning your back to someone, deal with it.

A flag drop to get people to move works, but maybe dissipate just shouldn't work in man-made environments. I see very few chokepoints getting blocked with dissipates. The only ones I can imagine are doorways and bridges.

As for hitting people because you see somebody out of game, that's not the fault of dissipate, and shouldn't be treated as such. If someone hits you while you're dissipated, you tell them your dissipated. End of problem.

The only thing about dissipate that should change is a blue glowstick drop if you're in the way of a huge battle.

As for hitting people because you see somebody out of game, that's not the fault of dissipate, and shouldn't be treated as such. If someone hits you while you're dissipated, you tell them your dissipated. End of problem.

I wasn't saying it was a problem with the spell really. It's just confusing for people involved in the combat. I know from experience you can sit there and tell them that you are dissipated but that doesn't mean they will actually hear you or process what you are saying when their mindset is on the battle.

Whenever I fight someone and they're dissipated, I can clearly hear them say "I'm dissipated!". Then I ask if I hurt them, apologize, and carry on as if they didn't exist.

The biggest problem I can see is if someone like Cambrin waltzes into the melee, dissipates, and rynil uses him as cover to fight behind. In such an instance, I'd quickly remind rynil that what he is doing is cheating. If it continued, and I hope it wouldn't, but if it did, I'd put on my marshal hat and give rynil a torso wound.

If it ever goes through your mind "Hey, I can use this big dissipated guy as cover! lol!", you should stop, think about what your doing, and realize that to do such would be CHEATING.

It appears to me that the portable wall is a bigger issue than blink-fighting, so let's fix that, rather than eliminate the utility of letting Veria dissipate to safety, and drop back if cap'n crunch goes down.

I wasn't saying it was a problem with the spell really. It's just confusing for people involved in the combat. I know from experience you can sit there and tell them that you are dissipated but that doesn't mean they will actually hear you or process what you are saying when their mindset is on the battle.

:( I'm sorry about that, It is very confusing trying to fight in the dark and not hit someone who dissipated right next to me. I tried to move the battle away from you but the others weren't having it.

I really REALLY like the idea of marking a spot and moving off to the side. I personally did that a few times during the big bad ass battle on Friday night. It is very helpful to npc's and pc's alike. Also the added benefit of doing that results in not getting hit very much. Sometimes I get hit pretty hard, hard enough to leave marks ( :unsure: what? I'm fragile). Again I'm sorry for hitting you.

After listening to all the conversations about this over the last weeks, I think we should write in a part about moving out of the way of the action, and not returning until it's safe and non-disruptive to game flow to do so. Players should mark their location with a tagbag or flag during the daytime, and with a glowstick at night. The glowstick is NOT optional, players who plan to use Dissipate at night should ensure that they have a glowstick available to mark the position that they Dissipated from.

After listening to all the conversations about this over the last weeks, I think we should write in a part about moving out of the way of the action, and not returning until it's safe and non-disruptive to game flow to do so. Players should mark their location with a tagbag or flag during the daytime, and with a glowstick at night. The glowstick is NOT optional, players who plan to use Dissipate at night should ensure that they have a glowstick available to mark the position that they Dissipated from.

This. Oh god let this be the end of it.