Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Bicolline

Anyone interested in putting together a field trip this year to at least go for the last weekend and check out the Grand Melee?

I'm trying to find out what it is but their web site is in french and their facebook fails. Dates, places and whats going on would be a great help.

yay canada, i would recommend having someone in your group who can speak at least rudimentary french. im not they only speak french in quebec but they usually have an accent at the very least

Yeah I've spoken on the phone with the guys from Ateliers-Nemesis and Calimacil, it's entertaining. I can insult people and order alcohol in French, so I'm pretty sell set.

Will everyone need a passport for this trip?

Absolutely...

They take a bit to get, and cost $100, so if you don't have one, and want to go (to Canada for anything), start getting one now.

I need to take my own advice.

I think in NY you can get the "enhanced driver's license" thingy too, can't you? Doesn't matter for me, I have my passport.

I've heard the enhanced license takes nearly as long to have done, and has the added bonus of being un-usable for any border crossing other than NY-canada.....But maybe I'm biased because I already have a passport :)

I'm certainly interested, but I have no idea what im doing in august. I imagine more summer internships outside of NY.