Octavian

wouldn't it be cool if...people took advantage of playing wounded

I've been observing this for a while and I've finally just had enough to the point I need to bring this up. And Leslie brought it up on a different thread but I'm going to say it again.

I am growing increasingly tired of people not playing wounded. I'm sorry but I like to think that there is realism to this game. So wouldn't you agree that getting your arm cut off would hurt? Don't you think it's bleed and most people wouldn't just walk around like nothing saying "I have no arms...I can't do anything". It's not difficult to play it out. Doesn't it hurt when you twist your ankle or skin your knee. If you don't think you can act approperiately to the pain scale. Think of the worst pain you've ever had and pretend like it's that time.

Also for a mortal torso wound, if you don't realize you are in extreme amount of pain you might want to consider the fact in realizing you are dying. That you could potentially die and never return.. so my suggestion would be to actually role play it out. I have seen many horrible examples where people just continue talking without a flinch of pain. There are many who just lie there silent which is much better then talking obnoxiously about the speed of your healer. But seriously... Being stabbed in the chest hurts. Getting stabbed with a pencil hurts.

I mean saturday evening my character almost died. And she had no clue if she was going to be saved. The fighting was still going on. There were two other people injured near her, one of them her best friend. And my character acted like this was it.. She was going to die. It was hard to breath because of the pain, and her blood draining made her increasingly cold. She didn't want to die so she begged her companion not to let her die. There are many things I'm sure your character would do if you truly thought that this was the moment of there death. So take advantage, heck it even makes for good drama. Tell someone something you never thought you would maybe, because you don't want to go to the grave with a secret you've regretting for your entire life.

I'd really like to see people be creative, because it's a good oppurtunity too.

Amen. Bravo. Yes. What Christine said.

Some people react differently to massive amounts of pain. Example laugh hysterically its twisted but true. I noticed that you and justin are wicked at acting out the injuries though. When i was facing justin as the orc he was rping his hits wicked well, Like limping etc etc. But i do have to agree, and i will try my best to make it show for my npcs and new pc.

You mean like the mortal wound you took fighting the superior orcs? The dialogue between you and Marius was amazing as I was lying there with a poisoned chest wound...very inspiring.

Definately agree. Whenever I'm torsoed, as PC or NPC I start groaning and gurgling. There were actually 2 reasons for this...1 was what Kristeen said, and 2 was that my group left me bleeding on the ground for an hour when I DIDN'T do it and forgot about me. I imagine if I were groaning in pain they wouldn't have had to use a revive, just a heal mortal.

When I'm limb wounded as Xicris though, I drag the arm or leg and fight on, because he was a mercenary in his past and did learn how to continue fighting while in pain. If Kaydan (my old merchant) had ever lost a limb, he'd most likely have dropped to the ground cradling the injury.

I act wounded too. I groan, etc.

We got a great idea from Sarah (Veria) to make up some "bloody" bandages to wrap on wounded arms and legs until they are healed. She's got fake blood to use and I'd be totally willing to wrap up "wounds" after combats (or during them if there is time).

We got a great idea from Sarah (Veria) to make up some "bloody" bandages to wrap on wounded arms and legs until they are healed. She's got fake blood to use and I'd be totally willing to wrap up "wounds" after combats (or during them if there is time).

People usually heal wounds of any kind as fast as possible in-game, so I doubt that would end up being very useful...most likely it would take longer to actually tie the thing on then it would for someone to get the means to heal the injury. It'd work great for when players come across wounded NPCs though.

Even though that farmer was a silly role, I did manage to get a few people telling me being beaten to unconsciousness doesn't hurt at all, as well as getting your arms lopped off and broken. I don't think running around screaming should be a necessity, but however you take pain, you are taking pain.

I truly miss Adimo, he would bring out the best torture-roleplay in dying NPCs everywhere.

People usually heal wounds of any kind as fast as possible in-game, so I doubt that would end up being very useful...most likely it would take longer to actually tie the thing on then it would for someone to get the means to heal the injury. It'd work great for when players come across wounded NPCs though.

Well yes, though it may encourage people to not "waste" heal-limb spells right away. And there are cases where I've gone through several hours with one arm. It would indeed be very cool for NPC's, AND it would encourage PCs to not use the injured limb. Which I see. A lot.

One leg lost means you must drag it. It can't leave the ground. Two legs lost puts you on your knees.

Some people react differently to massive amounts of pain. Example laugh hysterically its twisted but true.

Yes! I'm twisted! Anyway, keep in mind that laughing and getting dizzy can make a lot of sense if you want to roleplay pain as a "tough" character. This also works if you get injured a lot (Like me) and find humor when you're bleeding everywhere or have an injury that hurts like a bitch. If you've ever seen someone laughing after they double over in pain, you'll know that it's about one-thirds crying, two-thirds laughing. If there's enough blood or enough pain, you might get dizzy and have to sit down. Staring off into space works too.