Sign in to follow this  
Papa Goob

Player feedback requested

Metaplot feedback from the KoN playerbase  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy the metaplot?

• Yes! Loved it.
    • It was good, but could have been done a little better.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I didn't really care for it, and am glad it's winding up.
    • SUUUUUUUCKED. Please don't do it again.
    • I didn't really notice any metaplot going on, sorry.
  2. 2. What were the fun things about the metaplot?

• The new monsters (Yeb, Night's Children, Kezzeldrauhl, etc)
    • The continuity between shifts and games
    • The changes to the freelands (no merchants for a few games, Lootsville gone, Archibald dead, etc)
    • The way we had to figure out solutions (what killed the NCs, for example)
    • The roleplaying activity on the boards during the metaplot
    • Some particular scenes/battles (The hunt for Elios, Archibald's last stand, etc)
    • The sense of a beginning, a middle, and an end.
    • The 'feel' of the game during all this.
    • The loots.
    • Other (see my reply below)
  3. 3. What wasn't fun about the metaplot?

• The new monsters (Yeb, Night's Children, Kezzeldrauhl, etc)
    • Having to follow the continuity between shifts and games.
    • The changes to the freelands (no merchants for a few games, Lootsville gone, Archibald dead, etc)
    • The way we had to figure out solutions (what killed the NCs, for example)
    • The roleplaying activity on the boards during the metaplot
    • Some particular scenes/battles (The hunt for Elios, Archibald's last stand, etc)
    • The sense of a beginning, a middle, and an end.
    • The 'feel' of the game during all this.
    • The loots.
    • Other (see my reply below)

So, about a year ago, the GM staff started kicking around the idea of linking plots across shifts, GMs, and events. We talked about causality, consequence, order of events, and changing the freelands and our established setting in time for our new rulebook printing. You've seen the results for the last season's events: highlighting the Yeb, introducing the Night's Children, the destruction of Lootsville, the death of Lord Archibald, exploring what was left behind in the ruins of Nalbendel, and the like.

The way it worked is that each month had a theme, but how each GM supported that theme was up to them. But in general, we had sketched out a season's worth of plots in advance, while still allowing some wiggle room for you folks to make a difference. Several of you foiled the summoning of an Avatar, for example, and note how we never saw one appear. However, a plotline that went ignored ended up giving the NC's some evil weapons to play with.

As we settle in and run some plots tying up the fallout of this seasons metaplot, we'd like to get some feedback from you guys on how you think it went. And while we enjoy hearing the good parts, hearing constructive criticism helps us churn out better plots in the future.

So, I'm posting this poll. If you have something to add that isn't covered by the question, or want to expand on an answer, feel free to either post here, or send me a PM and I'll anonymously relay your feedback to the other GMs.

Thanks!

So, I'm posting this poll. If you have something to add that isn't covered by the question, or want to expand on an answer, feel free to either post here, or send me a PM and I'll anonymously relay your feedback to the other GMs.

The poll looks good, but it doesn't seem to be working -- I voted, and it says I voted, but no results are showing up, and I got a blank white page when I submitted my results.

Boo. ;)

I would like to see more low end magic items. I keep seeing bigger and bigger stuff but less and less low and middle end Items.

Nothing like a good flaming sword or a ring of plus one mana or production. Stuff that casts level one spells once per game day.

I keep feeling like the game might be turning EPIC. DMs we don't mind small magic items.

I agree special items aren't so special anymore, it seems like every group has two or three magic swords. In some ways I like it, but at the same time it makes player abilities less important, and puts more emphisis on items, which is why everyone wants to PC all the time.

New monsters are always fun. I absolutely LOVED the magic items dropped at this last event, particularly because they had COSTS to using them (feed it 1 body point to use abilities for example). Items like that are ALWAYS better then a straight up magic sword +1 (though yeah, I like those too).

I had a hard time following events between games, but I think that's because I really didn't ask too many questions about the overarching plot in general IC, and my group didn't go out of their way to lay out what was happening for me. So this may just be me not paying attention.

I like forum interaction, but in the beginning it felt like HUGE events were happening out of game and then we had to deal with the consequences in game. Over the last 2 events, however, this turned around, so I'm happy about that. I've always felt that in general the forums should supplement events in the game, rather then having events in game supplement forum activity.