Sign in to follow this  
Vincent McFathom

2010 Blood Games?

What did you guys do for boffers? Just roll up 5 minute pool noodles, with stabby tips, or take what you usually use?

Nope, our latex weapons were legal. Even Vincent's Redemption sword passed, even though I never used the thing. Almost ALL other players were rolling in with round tech stuff, which kinda helped when we started destroying folks and Dave's cubby was set up with the same stuff we were using. So many games heard so much bad stuff about the latex stuff, and would not allow them at their games. But many had discussed changing that after that weekend.

One guy even had a full sized shield that was made of 1" of pink insulation foam...

I'd like to think of the games as a good opportunity to show a higher level of gaming, in hopes that others may adopt things that we show to make their games better. People couldn't get over Dren's garb, Phil and Steve's RP, and my spear.

But to sum it up, there was some ridiculous weaponry there, and not in a good way.

They're holding the Grand Melee at 11pm?.... Seriously?

The event also seems much shorter this time. There's nothing going on Sunday except breakfast ;)

just so you guys are aware i will not be able to attend the blood games this year. it sucks but job training comes before play. to those of you guys that are still going good luck and have fun.... also bring home the damn trophy.

just so you guys are aware i will not be able to attend the blood games this year. it sucks but job training comes before play. to those of you guys that are still going good luck and have fun.... also bring home the damn trophy.

I think we nixed this idea when we found out that they were charging the same price for less actual play time.

After all that posturing you guys aren't planning on coming? That'd be weak! CRO is looking for a fight, and Knightblades will be back as well (they missed last year). They're both hard-hitting LARPs that battled it out in year 1. With you there as a hard-fighting third team, it will be a very interesting Games.

The majority of people did not want to be tied down Jul 4 - hence the schedule tightening to Fri/Sat. The Games will go late Saturday (i.e. well into Sunday morning), and the Grand Melee will be longer - it will be more of a Grand War, with several melees in different areas. And we do have very bright field lights for the central arena, but some areas will be in the dark.

To address your concern about spending $25 to play, but not having the Sunday morning in-game, I have no problem giving you 1 admission free for every 5 attendees. That's very fair considering your long trip to get here.

And no, there are no "sneak" skills or the like. If you want to demo and sell your LARP and your style - why not hold an event for that during the Games - we'll gladly schedule it. That's the purpose of the Blood Games: to get other people to see your ideas and learn from each other.

I do have to say, last year the tunnel crawls were amazing. The food is good, the mini-games throughout the day are entertaining, and it's certainly good fun meeting people from other games.

Given the recent Knight Realms incident, Blood Games would be a welcoming weekend of good times. However, I do believe it conflicts directly with our KoN FP/ Cookout on the 3rd @ AJs. (Also, I think I hit my financial quota for out-of-state larps this summer) lol

If people wanted to go to Blood Games as KoN ambassadors rather than our FP, I'm not opposed to still giving them XP and/or allowing them full sign-in if they want it.

Nudge, nudge ...

Attending LARPs: CRO, Knight Blades, Mythical Journeys, The Realms, End of Seasons, Steam&Cinders, The Fable

Reported updates: Jarpaxa and Hybrids running the show, Grand Melee expanded to a large strategic and tactical battle field, Boaconda - a 60' worm - in captivity

MIA so far: Novitas - come on, we'll miss you