Forgot your password?
hivemind, July 1, 2010 in Garb, Gear and Toys
• Ghillies: http://earthandliving.blogspot.com/2008/08...al-sort-of.html and don’t forget to add in a pair of really thick wool socks for the colder months!
• Turnshoes: http://www.larp.com/midgard/shoes.htm
• German Boots: best you can do now is http://www.google.com/search?q=east+german+boots
• Minnetonka Moccasins: http://www.moccasinsales.com/ You can also have these re-soled at any cobbler’s shop with a Vibram lug sole – but buy them a size too big if you plan to do this!
• Covered Combat/Work Boots: Try the Sportsman’s Guide ( http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/...?c=11&s=370 )for the boots, and lace some cloth or rabbit furs to cover them. You can get rabbit furs at Tandy Leather: http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com
• Fake Turnshoes: read here http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/vie...ic.php?t=119267
• Custom Moccasins or Boots: lots of makers for these, try http://www.sodhoppers.com/ or http://sonofsandlar.com/
• Motorcycle/Engineer Boots: get shopping: http://www.google.com/images?q=engineer+boots
• Wellingtons: no reason to buy these unless you can’t find something that will fit you in a motorcycle/engineer boot. Wellingtons generally look a little too “western” for most games, but if you have special needs feets, you might only be able to find what you need in a Wellington: http://www.google.com/images?q=leather+wellington+boots
• Sandals: too many options: http://www.google.com/images?q=leather+sandals
• Barefoot: don’t do this if you have any other options. It’s very common at some games, but forbidden at others – and can be terribly dangerous if you’re not accustomed to being barefoot for long periods of time.
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Already have an account? Sign in here.