Forgot your password?
hivemind, July 1, 2010 in Garb, Gear and Toys
• Ghillies: http://earthandliving.blogspot.com/2008/08...al-sort-of.html and don’t forget to add in a pair of really thick wool socks for the colder months!
• Turnshoes: http://www.larp.com/midgard/shoes.htm
• German Boots: best you can do now is http://www.google.com/search?q=east+german+boots
• Minnetonka Moccasins: http://www.moccasinsales.com/ You can also have these re-soled at any cobbler’s shop with a Vibram lug sole – but buy them a size too big if you plan to do this!
• Covered Combat/Work Boots: Try the Sportsman’s Guide ( http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/...?c=11&s=370 )for the boots, and lace some cloth or rabbit furs to cover them. You can get rabbit furs at Tandy Leather: http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com
• Fake Turnshoes: read here http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/vie...ic.php?t=119267
• Custom Moccasins or Boots: lots of makers for these, try http://www.sodhoppers.com/ or http://sonofsandlar.com/
• Motorcycle/Engineer Boots: get shopping: http://www.google.com/images?q=engineer+boots
• Wellingtons: no reason to buy these unless you can’t find something that will fit you in a motorcycle/engineer boot. Wellingtons generally look a little too “western” for most games, but if you have special needs feets, you might only be able to find what you need in a Wellington: http://www.google.com/images?q=leather+wellington+boots
• Sandals: too many options: http://www.google.com/images?q=leather+sandals
• Barefoot: don’t do this if you have any other options. It’s very common at some games, but forbidden at others – and can be terribly dangerous if you’re not accustomed to being barefoot for long periods of time.
Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead
Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.
Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead
Your previous content has been restored. Clear editor
You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.