Sign in to follow this  
Kender

Badon Hill V ?

Badon Hill V: September 23-26 - Pioneer Park Campground in Somerset, PA

That's a four day stretch (Thursday the 23rd to Sunday the 26th)

What's our plan there, so I can try to budget the shattered remnants of my vacation?

So, it's that time. Who is going? Right now, my list looks like this:

Going on Thursday

Me

Dan

Jordan

Wayde

Brett

Going on Friday

Will

Richard

Tony

Zach

Unknown

Scotty

Little Ricky

Not Going

Jim

Jimmy

Scott

Bob

Dave M

Prime

Mike

And does anyone know how the hell to get a hold of Jude? I don't have his damned number anymore...

If you're on the "Unknown" list, or erroneously on the "Not Going" list, please post up and let us know WTF you are doing.

If there's four of us going (really?) I'm bringing my own tent. If there's more than that going, we need to talk about whether or not we're bringing the big tent.

aaaarrrgh!

Are there perhaps other KoN people who want to take off for a weekend of hitting people hard and partying with super cool guys?

:)

Will, if you can get to Syracuse we can pick you up there. No one else from Winterfell is going that you can snag a ride?

Actually, no, we're not. Word is we can't be on-site until 10 AM Friday, so maybe we're leaving Friday morning.

More info to come shortly.

OK, The Deal:

Blackhawk needs assistants to help with Weapons Check on Friday and Saturday morning. If we help him on both days, we can show up when we'd planned to so we're there for check on Friday morning.

So, your choices:

1. We go down Friday morning and miss Friday fighting

2. We go down Thursday night, and help with weapons check Friday and Saturday.

I'm down for helping. Vote.

I'd like to go to Badon, but the best I could hope for is to leave early from work on friday, so unless I can work magic on the boss I'll miss the bangbus. Mike is out. Zach, are you driving down? What's your schedule? I don't mind driving if I have someone else, and/or I'll help with gasohol if you want to carpool. Full disclosure, my subaru is not made for long-distance comfort.

Also, Dave, I feel like a tool because I don't have gear. Can I buy a strapped plastic-barrel blank off of you and I pick it up some evening early next week? Then I can pad it and be ready to go before I get down there.

What's the camping situation? I have a (modern) tent and cooler.

I have some more pickle barrel blanks cut out, so sure. Come on over and we'll strap it up. Looks like Drew is coming over for some drum lessons one night, let's call it Monday and we can hang and get it done. The strapping is like thirty minutes. I think I charged Tony $25 for a strapped blank.

There will be vendors on site at Badon, last year there were ten or fifteen, and some of them were selling weapons. You should be able to get one on-site for like $40, tops.

Camping situation depends on how many people are going. Like I said, if we have eight or so, we'll take the big tent from Vanderkamp with us. That'll sleep twelve no problem - but bring a cot. Sleeping in the dirt sucks.

If we don't do that, then a modern tent is fine. 90% of Dag camps in nylon.

If you can't make it, I'm working in Syracuse all day Tuesday. I could swing by and drop it off.

OK, Jordan and I have concocted a plan that should allow a second wave to leave Friday. Richard, I'll talk to you about it Monday night.

We should have nine people there as of the current count. What night are we breaking down the tent?

If you're leaving Friday, you're getting yourself there. Jordan and Wayde are leaving Thursday night. We may be able to work this out - but it will involve you taking the long way to pick up Richard, Tony and Will.

So here's the current plan:

Dan, Wayde, Jordan, Brett and I leave Thursday evening. We arrive 1-2 AM Friday morning, set up ubertent, and crash. We get up Friday morning and assist with weapons and armor check, then fight Friday.

Zach leaves Albany Friday afternoon. He goes to Syracuse and picks up Richard, through Auburn and gets Tony, through Rochester and gets Will, and continues on to Badon. Those guys arrive stupid late on Friday, haul their shit into the tent and crash.

Saturday morning we get up, kick ass, and drink ourselves stupid.

All aboard?

Hell. Yes.

241 Martin St

Syracuse, ny 13208

Zach, what time do you think you'll be in town?

Its gonna be a squeeze with 4 people. Especially if you need to bring equipment. My car is usually packed pretty good with 3 people going to Novitas. Pack as light as you can.

I get out of class at about 1:00. I'll grab some food then head out. Syracuse is a good 2-2.5 hour drive from Albany. I would be arriving in Syracuse around 3:30 - 4:00. Its then another 1-1.5 hour drive to Rochester. Auburn is on the way it looks like. Google maps says 5.5-6 hours from Rochester to Somerset. Overall: about 10 hours. I have a tape adapter for Ipods n the like but no CD player. If theres a way you guys can meet me in Syracuse that would shave off an hour from the trip and about 15$ in tolls.

If we don't have to make a lot of stops and we get the car packed pretty quick we are looking at arriving around midnight, but it will probably end up being 1 or 2 AM.

This drive, round trip, will be around 100$ - 150$ gas and about 30$ in tolls in NY. So I hope you guys can chip in there. I cant afford that. :)