Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Ragnarok Undead Rave Party

Our official party is approved for Wednesday night in the barn. We are the OFFICIAL PARTY for that night, on par with the Militia Frat Party and Mardi Gras, so we need to plan accordingly.

Starting points:

1. We're not serving alcohol, we're not carding - but it's not a dry party either. BYOB.

2. Undead-theme. Decorations and silly games. Bobbing for body parts, pin the tail on the zombie, etc.

3. DJ. We need to research to find a rave DJ in Pittsburg who wants to do this party. We do NOT want the typical wedding party DJ guy. DJ needs to have lighting.

4. There may be limitations on the noise level. We may also close the barn doors to get around this. Still talking with Twinkle, but this doesn't seem to be a major obstacle.

5. I am willing to throw some money at this, probably a few hundred bucks. Anyone else who can, please do. I have no idea what a hip DJ will cost.

That's where we start. Discuss.

We are required to purchase Rag Tags for the DJ and his help. However, we are to save receipts, because as an official party we can get reimbursed for some (all?) expenses. Certainly these tags will be comped, at least.

So, we all know how I love to delegate. I need the following people:

Security Coordinator: this is Wayde, our professional bouncer

Games Coordinator:

Booking: that's me finding a DJ

Refreshments:

Decorations:

Any takers?

First of all---AWESOME!! I know it took a lot of work to get to this point, so great job Dave!

I don't have a sense of scale since I didn't make it to Rag last year--how big is that barn? How many people can we guess at planning for?

Also, since it's a rave, is it going to be more modernly-attired? Or are we sticking to the dag any-period?

Super-soakers filled with blood?

cardoterror-zombies-party1.jpg

No one's looking at garb for this party, and I fully expect to see lots of "rave wear". If any of us want to do it up as modern undead, that's totally hip with me.

As for scale, this could easily draw 500 people. Could also draw 1000.

Consider: do we even want to offer anything other than bottled water for basic hydration?

Bob Dikcis (Bob from Mid-Land) used to be a rave DJ. It's a bit of a drive for him, but considering the setting he might be interested. Let me see if I can't get some current contact information for him for you. He's gone as far as Toronto to do raves, maybe he'll break out the old gear and head down to Ragnarok.

Consider: do we even want to offer anything other than bottled water for basic hydration?

I think if we have anything other than that, it'll be spiked.

Or, we'd get people upset at the thought of a BYOB party when they've been mooching booze all week.

I think bottled water, maybe juice boxes, maybe gatorade. I think we'll also have to worry about garbage cans, probably ice.

I sent an message off to Bob through my last known good contact method with him (MySpace). I'll let you know if he answers and get him in touch with you guys. Even if he isn't interested, as he used to manage other DJs, he might know someone in the area.

IF you are looking for good DJs that will understand the concept of an undead rave, I highly suggest looking to contact some of the local goth/industrial nights in the pittsburgh area.

The organizers of theses events are usually DJ's themselves, and/or could suggest a good DJ for you.

I assume you are looking for rave with a dark twist, not happy ecstasy candy land power noise party. :D

I'd like to help with the stuff that goes on the walls, but I'll need help from my friends.

So the organizers of the goth nights in pittsburgh are all hiding under their compendiums of POEtry.

I talked to my room mate, we are both into the live music community and he suggests DJ pet.

He runs "A curious Production".

here are his stats.

http://www.acuriousproduction.com/equip.html

it says he operates in the boston area but he pretty much travels all over the northeast.

It'll probably cost a grand for him to haul his stacks and electronics to Slippery Rock.

Is this thing still in the planning phase, an undead rave sounds awesome. Let me know what I can do to make this happen

Right now we're waiting for me to talk to a couple Pitt area DJs and find out if they are any good, and what's the costs involved.

Been thinking more about this.

I need some people to take charge of some party games, similar to the stuff that happens at Mardi Gras, but maybe a little more gruesome and less sexy. PIn the tail on the Zombie, bobbing for Body Parts, shit like that. I figure we have a half-dozen of these, and we give out a prize at each of them, and someone who shows all six prizes gets an uberprize.

So, like, prizes. We just use beads! Different colors for each game. For example:

http://www.toomeys-mardigras.com/36-skull-and-crossbones-red-silver-black.html

m2301rdslbk-01.jpg

And for the uberprize, something like these:

http://www.toomeys-mardigras.com/40-skull-bead-handstrung.html

HS-3000.jpg

I need six people to volunteer to set up and run a "game station". You don't have to do it all night, maybe we'll just run the games from 10-12 or something. We can even have a limited number of prizes so that there's an urgency to getting them done.

Please step up people.

I wouldn't mind doing this.

I also forsee fake blood in our future.

our LONG-TERM STAINED RED FUTURE

Yeah, I mean, nothing says they shouldn't be bobbing for body parts in a tub of fake blood... :)

what body parts could we use? All I can come up with are those molds for jello brains. Maybe some sort of candy eye.

I'm trying to figure out if I can just get a 50 gallon drum half-full of fake blood, with bits of random crap at the bottom of it.

Got a few responses from the guys in the Pitt store. They're putting the feelers and calls out to locals. They are aware that it's coming down to the wire, hopefully I can be on the horn with someone by the weekend.