hivemind

Rag 2011 Planning

1. Who is going?

2. Who can drive?

3. What do we want to do differently this year?

Me and wayde are going. I should be able to drive my car. More steak! we should bring a frig :)

I'd like to go.

I didn't mind driving

I'd like to fight this year :P

I will be there, but not sure how many days, at least for three.

To be clear, I'm looking for all of the following to attend:

Dave H - YES

Dan - YES

Scotty T - PARTIAL

Scott C

Jim R - NO

Jimmy V

Brett

Rick S

Will W

Jordan - YES

Mike

Wayde - YES

Tony

Jude

Tammy

Richard

Zach

AJ - YES

Connor cannot attend due to age restrictions for Rag, or he'd be on there too.

The following people have all expressed interest, and are cordially invited to join us in the Winterfell campsite:

Drew

Leslie

Prime

Ann

Julie

Steve

Heather

Rick

Am I missing anyone who wants to go? This is essentially an open invite to join us for a week of camping, fighting, eating and partying, in whatever amount and order you wish, with 2000 other people in garb. If you're not a Dagorhir fighter, that's fine, there's still a lot to do: classes on everything from leatherworking to bellydancing, dozens of vendors, massive parties every night, and huge battles to watch every day. Or, hell, you can just sit in camp, hang out and have a vacation. I'll have Diana with me this year, and she's certainly not fighting, and Narnia, whose camp is adjacent to ours, also has a number of non-coms, so you won't be the only one hanging around not fighting in the afternoons.

Also, if you're coming, I need to know if you're going to be on the meal plan.

Yes. It depends on my school schedule for the summer and my teachers. I'll let you know as soon as have this information. It will probably be near the end of april or early may.

I can't go this year, my 2 weeks are already spoken for, and the remaining days are currently taken up by the Friday before event weekends.

I've got the vacation approved for the entire week, so put me down for one "FUCK YEAH."

I could drive my teeny car.

What does the meal plan mean for those who would like to participate, Dave?

It means you give me money and I take care of dinner every night. We don't do breakfast because we're generally sleeping off the previous night, and we make hot dogs for lunch.

Last year I think it was $40. It'll be around there again.

So, to run down what is needed financially:

$50/$55 (pre-reg/door price) admission

$10 trailer fee (Basically, my van eats gas with the trailer attached. If you're sleeping in the barracks, sitting under the shade tents, or cooking on the grill, you need to contribute to hauling it all down there.)

$40 meal plan, if you're eating what I'm cooking. Last year we ate filet mignon twice, teriyaki chicken, fajitas, peanut butter pork, and so on. We eat well.

$20 gas money for whoever you're riding with (or drive your own car, we'll work that out closer to the event).

$25 keg fee, if you're drinking. We're planning on a keg of cider and a keg of beer. That's about $200 all said and done, so if more than eight people are drinking, we can lower that price.

$25 bar fee, if you're drinking from the bar. Last year my liquor bill was over $400 for the week. I love you guys, but maybe not that much again.

If you're all-in for the whole damned week, this comes to $175, $5 less if you pre-reg. If you don't want to buy into the bar and kegs, that's fine, but if I see you mooching that's a junkpunch. I'd also like to point out that many larger camps, including Rome, simply charge their members a fee to attend with the unit. Last year I think Rome charged all members $100, and that didn't include meals or alcohol, so we're still way ahead of that. I'll take care of all the legwork and purchasing, and I don't need any money from anyone until the Saturday before we leave.

Speaking of the Saturday before we leave, once again we'll be packing the trailer at my house that day, so you should be there to help pack if you're staying in the barracks.

Speaking of staying in the barracks, who is staying in there? It'll sleep twelve in comfort, sixteen if necessary. Sixteen gives everyone a 4'x8' space to live in for the week. As with last year, if you're staying in there you need a cot and two totes to keep your crap in. I also recommend a laundry bag for your filthy shit.

Your packing should be no more than two totes, a single duffel bag, your sleeping bag, cot, chair, your armor, shield and weapons. You do not need garb for the entire week; we generally make a run into town on Wednesday or Thursday to do laundry, and we do a little bit as-needed in camp and hang it on a line there. Please make sure you have at least two changes of fighting garb and two changes of not-fighting garb - otherwise you stink. Don't be that guy.

I'm seriously considering this. I may need to pick up new boots though... :) Also, I'd have to carpool it somehow. My car wouldn't make it past the state border without falling apart.

I'm seriously considering this. I may need to pick up new boots though... :) Also, I'd have to carpool it somehow. My car wouldn't make it past the state border without falling apart.

I might be able to get you down there, but I don't plan on staying the whole week (if I go), so either you'd have to find a ride back to Rochester, or head back early with me (probably Thursday night).

sign me up for the meal plan and keg plan and the bar plan :) should we rent a frig for the week though? or an ice maker? Im just wondering how we are gonna keep the kegs warm?

sign me up for the meal, keg, bar, and trailer please. :D

My fridge won't hold a keg. If you have one, bring it. Otherwise we buy ice every day again.

Hmmmm...tempting. The most I can commit to right now is a maybe, as I'm still job hunting and obviously don't know what my work schedule will be like yet. I'll also need more garb.

My fridge won't hold a keg. If you have one, bring it. Otherwise we buy ice every day again.

Buying ice every day is not the ordeal you might imagine it to be.

This campground can hold ten times the number of people Rag has, and so they have something like a dozen ice freezers within easy walking distance. On the way to and from the field for us, in fact.