hivemind

Rag 2011 Planning

I didn't think it was a big deal. I think, this year, we're going to have camp chores schedule. We'll put it on a whiteboard. Chores will include dishes, garbage, ice, general camp cleanup. Two people each day should do it, and you only get stuck with it one day of the week.

Im just wondering how we are gonna keep the kegs warm?

how do we keep the kegs warm though?

Are you trying to be funny, or dumb here?

not really. I mean how is ice going to keep it cool. Are we going to make a fort of ice? We should bring those blue buckets and then fill them with ice and then put them in them.

I want to go. However, my working situation isnt perfectly steady atm. As soon as one of the places I applyed to hire me (which should happen sooner rather the later) I'll know better on what I am gonna be able to do.

Just a reminder to everyone that's coming: I am looking for you to confirm your attendance here. Right now I am expecting the following people:

Dave H

Dan

Scotty T

Jimmy V

Brett

Rick S

Jordan

Wayde

Tammy

Richard

Zach

AJ

Diana

Jennifer (AJ)

Lew

Sam

Schuyler

Sam

Pat Lane

Nick Q

If your name is in bold, you have been alloted a sleeping space in the Barracks.

I am unsure about:

Jude

I am not expecting the following:

Scott C

Jim R

Mike

Tony

Will W

To be perfectly clear: I expect that if you are bringing a female, you are bringing your own tent. The Barracks, as the name implies, is for the mans.

Damn son. If you come, are you bringing your woman, or coming alone?

EDIT: I've moved you to the "Maybe" list.

What are the exact dates for this? Lauren and I are considering going...we just don't know anything about the event.

Thanks Dave.

So, at Jay's Diner, there was a list of stuff that Dan rattled off the top of his head that needed to be bought in order to make our time at Rag comfortable. Rather than have only Dave/Dan carry the entire weight of the Legion's camp budget, the very valid point was made that some of the weight should be spread around (as people's budgets allow). I think it's an entirely reasonable point.

Primarchs/Campmastah, if you'd like, could you post up some of the stuff you need bought along with specifications? Or, would you rather do the purchasing and take green?

Also, let me know if I'm nearing another punitive ballslap if I'm talking out of turn. @-)

You're fine. Some things that need buying:

++ Mardi Gras skull beads. Get them online by the gross.

++ Nylon iron cross flags. Black on white and white on black. We're using them as our camp boundary. Dan can tell you how many. They're about $5 each online. Smart undead will email places and try to negotiate a bulk deal. We need dozens, at least.

++ Metal fenceposts for camp perimeter. Dan can tell you how many.

++ Rope to go between fenceposts. Dan will have how many feets.

++ Tiki torches and fuel for same. This can actually be kerosene. We need a couple dozen.

++ General shit we need to set up camp: bungees, rope, zip-ties, long extension cords, power strips, supersoakers, long dildos, garbage bags, handcuffs, metal stakes, solo cups, ping pong balls

++ Something to use as a garbage collector. Last year we just hung a bag on a tree, that's a bad plan.

Above all, make sure your own shit is squared away: camp chair, cot, plastic totes for clothes, sufficient garb, eating utensils/cup/bowl (we don't do paper plates), take charge of a game for the rave

++ Something to use as a garbage collector. Last year we just hung a bag on a tree, that's a bad plan.

In Narnia we use those pop up round clothes hampers with garbage bags in them, they work great and if you find some simple black ones they don't ruin the look of the camp too much.

More needs:

$96 to pay for a dozen new zombie tabards. These are currently under construction by a local garb maker.

30 black belt flags like the ones Dan and I had on Sunday.

Assuming Rag is the 13th-20th or something around those dates I will not be able to attend. Which sucks. Have to finish my masters degree though.

School comes first. Rag will be there next year.

Unless you're Zach.

Please post here if you want to help, or PM me if you're shy.

I'm looking for how much money you have to help. I would prefer to collect cash and then have it all come here to sit in my garage till it goes on the trailer.

So much to do!

Still adamant about going, but I need to get my shit together. Step 1: Anyone recommend a place to purchase a quality min-red sword with stabby tip? I simply don't have time to craft anything with travel and work tying me down for the next 3 months. I barely have time to take out the trash and pay bills between months :D

(Making it to Novitas will be a chore in and of itself, lol.)

I have minreds in-stock, but you need to add some weight and add a stab tip. Bring it by my place and we can put on a stabby and add the weight, but I'm somewhat less willing to do this for you than other poeple because I too am ridiculously pressed for time lately, and you're simply less useful to the unit than everyone else.

But the swords are $40.