Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Where to buy Dag Weapons

Edhellen Armory: at least 75% of the weapons the Legion uses, probably 90% of our blues, are from Edhellen Armory: http://www.edhellen.com

If you buy from them, you're going to the "Full Contact Weapons" section of their site. We mostly use Long Swords (38") and Long Broad Swords (34"). They don't have stabby tips; we can add them, it takes ten minutes tops. If you're looking for a backup weapon, the Short Sword (21") is what you want - but we have to re-make the hilt to add a crossguard (so you can keep it in a frog) and add weight to get it up to 12oz. Ricky, what you want from them is their 50" sword, but we'll have to add weight to the hilt and add a stabby.

If you buy a shield from them (a fine option), remember that shipping will be a bitch. You should also be aware that their strap shields are plywood cored, but their punch shields are coreless. Doesn't mean we can't glue a piece of 1/4" techply to the back of one and add straps though, if that's what you want. Their strap shields are pretty heavy.

If there is enough interest, I have a wholesale account with them and will do a group order for us. Holler here if you need weapons or shield. Most of us, up to now, have made our shields but bought our weapons. Making a shield is pretty much a whole day affair, but once it's made it should last years.

For arrows, go here: http://www.axeandarrow.com You can also order blues from them if you want. I'd recommend their regular blues with a PVC core. We bought three dozen of them for Vanderkamp and they seemed like fine swords. Again, on the shield wall most of us swing swords between 36" and 42" long, but with a PVC core you might want to stick to around 36" OAL. They will make them with a stabby tip on request. They also sell their "heavy" blues, which are cored with two solid fiberglass driveway marker rods (or that's what it looks like to me). I have one here, it's also a fine sword - but it is heavy. Probably twice the weight of a comparable PVC sword.

Those are the only places I know of that are selling Dag-legal weapons.

Well...I'll need both a weapon and shield...so posting as requested and hoping for that group discount.

I need a stabby sword. I suppose I would like a shorty as well. I prefer fighting with shorter swords in the wall.

I still have a shield and a buckler (from CoK) to lend or sell cheap if people are interested.

Nick, you can use my blue sword and round shield if you want.

I'll definitely want to pick up that 50" sword, Dave. If you end up doing a group order, throw me on that list please. Stabby tip (yay double green) will be desired as well.

Sam and I would both like blue weapons. Long sword for me, broad long for her.

Ok looks like there's enough need to do an order. I'll get one out tonight. I will look at ordering some shields - shipping may make it stupid. We can make a tower shield for $30 or so, so paying $140 to have one shipped is dumb.

I have orders out with both Axe & Arrow and Edhellen/Forged Foam. About 15 swords with each, but no shields - as expected, shipping was ignorant. The A&A swords are their lighter models made of blue foam on 1/2" PVC and have stabby tips, the Edhellen ones are the standard white-foam on solid fiberglass rod swords. They will need stabby tips added, and for the 48" and 24" ones, need to be weighted. The A&A swords have crossguards, the Edhellen ones are popsicle sticks.

You guys should be able to check them out at the April KoN game.

Dave, Where is a good place to get a bow from dag from. You told me before its was like wooden bows something or close to it. Im gonna try and get my Pre-reg and order all the gear I need between this and next week. Also what is the lightest poundage for a bow that would be effective at Dag. Im thinking around 40 but I want to be 100% sure. Thanks in advance.

Wow... Sex is right. I would love that but 200 is a bit pricey and I would be so tempted to go hunting with that so I would need more poundage :P

I will probably grab the one you shoot since I don't want to have to finish a bow. Edit: Dumb question, never mind lol. Thanks again Dave.

Dave, Any other good places for arrows... Axe and arrow only has 4 left. I would like a few more than 4.

Also would you be able to make a quiver for me. If not I will buy one but I would really like one with the unit symbol on it.

You'll have to build your own. It's not hard, I can help. What I can't do is make you a quiver. I am utterly swamped for Rag.