Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Shield Mass Build

I've done some math, and it looks like that for $50, more or less exactly, we can build barrel shields and make duck cloth covers for them. But, to use all the materials at once, we need six people willing to cough up the cash to make them. These would be barrel shields with 1.5" polyethlene foam faces and 2" sides. These will end up being both faster to build because they're a single layer of foam on the front, and lighter to carry and use because there's a lot less glue and tape involved.

However, I am not doing all the labor on these. I'll help people, and I can provide tools, but I'm not making them. I have five shields of my own and don't need a sixth. If you want one, plan to have your butt at my house for the better part of a Saturday. I'd like to wait until May, honestly, so we can Dap outdoors.

Do we have six people who want these? The foam order is like $150, I'll order it up if we do.

What are you using for foam? Being able to put 1+1/2" of foam on in one sheet would make things much easier.

I'm buying 4'x8' sheets of 1.5" and 1" polyethlene.

I need more shields so I can start recruiting folk in Syracuse. Put me down for one. Sounds like a fun day!

If this is still going to happen, count me in.

Are there six people who plan on going to rag and need a shield made?

I can no longer front the cost for this. I still think it is an excellent idea, and people should do it.