Sign in to follow this  
Wargrasa

Iquid nails?

I was told liquid nails were better then dap for DAG shields. From what I'm told is its just as strong, and doesnt require both sides to be covered in it like dap. Confirm/deny?

NEver heard that, never used it, do not deviate from accepted methods.

and doesnt require both sides to be covered in it like dap.

Don't try to change the plan solely so you can be lazy.

But what if it is the beez kneez and you guys just don't know it? You won't ever find out untill someone trys :mellow:

So just do some testing gluing foam to plywood, don't make a fucking whole shield with it. make a little buckler or something.

Also: Dag has been around for like 30 years at this point. This year's Ragnarok is #26. Generally, there is nothing new under the sun. Everything has been discovered. Someone else has already tried to do what you are doing, and either failed, or found it to be less efficient or too expensive or less durable or whatever - hence why it's not generally accepted practice.

And remember that not only does it need to hold, but it needs to remain mostly pliable. If it doesn't flex well (at least as well as DAP) it may not work because of that. It might be great to hold foam to a core, but be crap for layering foam.

Dave's idea made a lot of sense to me. What I think I am gonna do is make a small buckler with two layers of foam on the front and 3 layers around the edge (so we can see how it holds to wood, and to foam) and if its shit then I wont be down the hole an entire roll of foam and a fuck ton of wood, I'll bring it to the next kon game and let you guys criticize it.

Your shield will be like it has bits of sharp hard plastic in it.

Not to mention I would imagine your shield would smell like a chick. Do you want that kind of confusion from your peers?