Sign in to follow this  
Vincent McFathom

Cots!

I'm 275lbs. It seems impossible to find a cot that will hold my ass without some arm bending or spending a bunch of money for something I'm only using for perhaps two weeks a year. Suggestions?

Dave and I have cots that were about $70 on sale, and they hold up dave (and wayde, wink wink) without much of a problem.

If you're broke-broke though, you -may- be able to get away with a small air mattress and a hand pump every day. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Still trying to work that out. I MAY have a car by then. If so, then yes. If not, I may need to take the bus up to home before, and try to snag a ride from one of you fellas.

well I was gonna say, if you're driving yourself, you could fit some pallets and blankets and shit, a broke guy cot.

Mang them Slumberjack cots me and Dan gots are the shits. They're expensive but they're also bombproof. I've had mine for quite a few years now (got it back in the airsofting days) and it's as solid now as when I bought it.

If you can swing it I highly recommend them.

If you can't, get an actual military surplus one, with the aluminum frame. Make sure it's a GI spec one, not a knock-off. But they're just as expensive as a Slumberjack, and not as comfortable.

Bottom line with cots: you get what you pay for 100%.

That's the one I've been looking at. The reviews are so flip-floppy that I figured someone here would have a better clue. Thanks!

That's the same design as a milspec one, but more expensive because it says "LL Bean" on it.

Shit, I shoulda thought of this before, but I'll be sleeping in a bed with my wife, so someone can borrow my cot for the week. Preferably one of you bigger guys who can't just buy a cot for $20 at Wal*Mart.

I'll give AJ dibs, after that, Tony? Buehller?

I picked up a XL slumberjack on-the-sales the other day for 55bucks. The new ones have issues getting it together the first time. After sweating, bleeding and calling customer support, and 29 profanities, I got mine together. Bombproof.