Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Howdy

So, the thingie no-one reads said I need to post an introduction topic in an hour or somesuch. I'm sure it was bluffing and all, but why not, right?

So I have recently heard about this place, and thought it might be fun to play around a bit. I larped a good while back with adventures and midland (yeah, I missed the thing last weekend, but thats how I heard about this place), and always kinda missed the fun I had there, so I was thinking about checking this place out.

Not much to say, I havent dont any larping in something like 10 years, and my fiance hasnt dont anything larp-like past playing with my old boffer weapons now and then, so we'll be pretty new and all, but we still do weekly pen and paper roleplaying, and enjoy camping well enough I figure we can manage some fun :)

-Bill

Welcome Bill! Come on out!

(Also, I assure you it was not bluffing. I regularly prune the forum of accounts with a zero postcount.)

Howdy Bill! I remember your Trell from the good-old AIM Stonehaven days. Come on out. You'll fit right in.

Howdy Bill! I remember your Trell from the good-old AIM Stonehaven days. Come on out. You'll fit right in.

Yeah, I remember you as well, and Hive, but I dont really recognize any of the other people :)

working towards tentative plans for the next game, probably to NPC the whole weekend, depending on what Donna wants to do.

I'm glad your gonna try it out Bill and found the forums okay after you asked me about it, these guys are awesome and a lot of fun. I know I enjoyed NPC'ing for my first time, it kinda let me get a lay of the land.

Ok, so we are going to be coming down this weekend, with the plan to NPC all weekend, both me and Donna.

That said, we were wondering about food, ie, what we can or cannot bring. Is there a NPC cabin we stay in where we can bring say a big old plastic jug of water? is there any realistic way to heat food, or should we stick to cold cuts and the like? I dont have any wooden / metal plates, but will that be a problem as an npc?

I've browsed around the forums a bit, and I'm just trying to be sure I dont come too unprepared :)

I have a few different types of garb to bring, in case they want to do different roles, tho Donna has less options at the moment.

The only weapons I have are old duct tape style ones, but in theory as NPCs we wont need our own I believe.

Feel free to suggest anything non obvious I should bring. (I did read the pdf rules codex)

For food we have an inn. They will cook for you and give you things to drink, so don't worry about it too much. If you want to bring a personal snack that's on you. Also the inn has a full kitchen and npc staff, so you won't have to cook. The only thing you'll need is a wood bowl and utensils to eat with, as well as something to drink out of. Wood bowls are easy to find this time of year. Walmart and Target carry them in the spring/summer for salads, and the local thrift stores might have some as well.

For sleeping we've got basic cabins with bunks. We don't have a "npc" cabin, but the 6 normal cabins are for everyone's use and are included with the base site fee.

Duct tape weapons are fine for npcs, so bring them along as more can't hurt.

We look forward to having you two out this event. We also have someone that'll show you around the site and get you orientated to our game (usually me), so I hope that helps a little.

I usually like to have a few drinks and a box of nibble snacks like party mix or the like to keep in Logistics. If you're NPC'ing you'll be going back to Logistics between plots, and it's all OOC there so having modern day looking things is fine in that building. No fridge in logistics though. :)It'll be good to meet you both!

Food wise anything you want to bring its cool though if its in a modren packing it is expected that the packing stays hidden. No plastics, foil, ect. Unless you have a super high matoblisum you won't need much extra though. As an npc you get a free meal per shift you npc and as a pc food is always offered if you have the coin. If you do want extra food, cold cuts, jerky, cracker, trail mix. Don't count on microwave access during game.

There is no NPC cabin. All the cabins are open and most have empty space. You will have to go around and find where open spots are. Everyone is super friendy and will help you out with cabin space so don't worry to much. Bring a sheet and some orange in case any of you OOC items and gear spill out past under your bed so you can cover it and let people know its out of play.

If logistics dosent have the box of bowls still I have 2 sets of bowls that I don't mind lending to new players along as they are washed :)

As far as wooden bowls and utensiles go. We still have a large tote at the inn full of them. As a new player I would be more than happy to let you borrow one. Just go to the inn and say your brand new. We will hook you up.

However, if you can find your own don't let that stop you.

Hi everyone, I'm bill's other half. I'm planing on coming up with him. I am very new at all this, just a warning to everyone. Can't wait to see everyone this weekend

Starchild

Welcome to the club. You should enjoy it. If nothing else, this is a great group of folks.

Found some metal plates last night, is an all metal fork with no plastic or embelishments viable, or do I need one that is visibly poor?

ie is something like http://1.bp.blogspot.../s1600/fork.jpg usable in game?

Found some metal plates last night, is an all metal fork with no plastic or embelishments viable, or do I need one that is visibly poor?

ie is something like http://1.bp.blogspot.../s1600/fork.jpg usable in game?

I used to use ones I found at the Dollar Tree and no one said anything to me.