Sign in to follow this  
Schuyler

Dystopia Rising

Hey guys, My friend just recently pointed me towards a LARP in NJ that looks like it may be worth checking out.

It's called Dystopia Rising; It seems to be a post apoc, zombie survival kind of LARP. It takes place in the same campground that knight realms owns, and I know some of the KR players play, but I don't think it's run by the same person.

The next game is the last weekend of June so I'm going to go down and check it out. anyone interested in going with me?

website

Forums

Rule Book

I've been meaning to check that out. Ill go barring any troubles come up. Mary can tell us more about it. :x

None of our weapons meet their safety standards, some of my old practice weapons might though. They all need 5/8 foam for the striking surface, pommel, and crossgaurd. Color me interested regardless.

I'm going to make a boffer baseball bat and a dag style buckler painted up to be a stop sign, or something of the like. Not expecting a streamlined fighting system, but I look more so at the community, quality of role play and the amount of fun I have., when deciding whether I enjoy a LARP.

We really shouldn't have to worry about pommels and cross gaurds. This isn't a sword and board LARP. It's in the future, so a lot of boffer bats, pipes, machetes and baseball bats. we can have a build day and pump out some crappy weapons to bring with us.

If anyone else in the albany area is interested, let me know. we can carpool to save the moneyz.

Hot shit.

Now to think of an object for him to make and see if he is free enough to make it before the end of june.

None of our weapons meet their safety standards, some of my old practice weapons might though. They all need 5/8 foam for the striking surface, pommel, and crossgaurd. Color me interested regardless.

I'm not sure how strongly those rules are enforced

index.jpg

That's a Calimacil warhammer.

The point is I can almost guarantee that that isn't 5/8ths all the way around the core.

I can also guarantee that is hits like a brick. (having been hit by it's cousin)

Katie and I are going to be going to this game again for the next couple of events, due to the lack of conflicts with Novitas and other stuff. July, August, and September events are all conflict-free, so if anybody wants to go with us please let me know.

July event: 13th-15th (This weekend)

August event: 24th-26th

September event: 21st-23rd

Actually, for the Dag folks, it looks like that September event conflicts with Badon Hill. But the July and August ones are still good.

Looks like our August fighter practice is now conflicting as well. Damn. :(