Right now, it breaks down like this:

Shields count: 7

Spears count: 6

Archers count: 5

Harriers count: 2

-------------------

Legion Total: 23

This is a problem.

This is a problem because there's not enough shieldmen there to make what we normally do work. As it looks there, either me, Jimmy, or both of us will have to move to sword-and-board for the week, making it 9-5-4-2.

Auburn guys: any of you able to come to Rag for a week? We could really use some big, solid shieldmen. Please? If money's the issue, let us know, we can make it happen.

A number of the new folks have chosen to be spearmen - Lew, Sam, Phil, Guile, Pat - and, while that's fine, you need to get up to speed very quickly, because we don't have a big enough wall to keep you totally safe.

Shieldmen: it is going to be vitally important this year that you stay alive. We're going to be supporting a buncha utterly newb spearmen who are getting a lot of OJT. It is imperative that we play conservative, go 95% defense. Only go offense when there's a high-percentage opening that you can take with no danger to yourself. Think, be smart. Remember that if you die, we don't have a reserve. If you die, a 400 pound Roman is gonna come through our line and stomp a mudhole in Guile's chest, or skullfuck Pat Lane. If someone's fucking them, it should be one of us - so don't let that happen!

i will inquire again at work about possibly having the week off...we just hired 2 more so that may help my chances!

I think we'll do well, if our spears get up to speed real quick. I'm super excited about always having a pokey next to me, doing the work.

In case nobodys pointed it out, spearmen get 80% of the kills in a big fight, if you're doin it right.

I simply cannot take the time off from work, or I would already be going.

To my knowledge I'm going to be the only teutonic at Rag.....this raises an issue...I have no one to fight with.....so if y'all need some help i'll be around (and no i won't break formation this time to rush some templars like at badon)

I got some decent practice in today. I'm feeling confident I can step it up at Rag even more. Just survive to give me an opening.

Sound direction. I'm making armor as we speak to help with the not-dying. Will do.

From my understanding, there will be people heading down for a small chunk of the event. If this is the case please shoot me your contact infoz so I can work somthing out in the way of a ride. I pay gas monneyz =)

I'm heading down Wednesday after work (I get out at 4). I can swing by and pick you up and take you down to Rag, but I have to come back early Sat AM for a wedding, so you might need to find away home Sunday.

Brodash, you're welcome to bolster our line. Should I have a mask and zombie tabard ready for you? :)

i got wed-sunday off so i can be at rag starting wednesday, any help with financeses would be awsome!