Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Red Wool

I have about three yards of a heavy blanket wool. It is red. Anyone want this for winter garb, or for a cloak?

Please and thank you, how much?

Err... I posted this in the Legion forum because it's up for grabs for them first, then for the Brave Companions. If none of them want it I'll just give it to Ann, who will make something useful from it for props.

Ah, okay. No worries.

Since I don't have much at all in the way of garb (yet!), I would like this. Unless a more established member of the Legion has a need for it.

What are you asking for it?

Just produce something from it. In a timely manner.

I will. I already have a couple of ideas. I might make a cloak out of it, but I was rather thinking a norse style hood/mantle. I saw a pic on a website a few weeks ago

showing a circa ~1100 viking hooded mantle, made out of two cloth squares and a rectangle, sewed together diagonally. It looked really cool, and seems easy

enough to hand stitch myself (my sewing knowledge is fairly limited putting buttons back on and performing minor field repairs)

As far as when to get it to me, most likely the July Dag event. I can't make KoN this weekend, I have a house project that my wife took time off work for. I am not going to Rag. I just saw now that my brother is getting married during the July KoN event. So I won't be able to make it to that one, either. Yeah, maybe I will be able to make it up sometime this year.....

So yeah, July 17th. Unless something else is better for you.

Thank you very much.

So yeah, I have a family thing during the September KoN event, as well. October is looking pretty good, though. :angry: