Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

New Chapters Discussion

Here's the chapter contract and info, for those of you capable and motivated: http://www.dagorhir.com/HowTo/getting_started.htm#STARTING%20YOUR%20OWN%20DAGORHIR%20CHAPTER

To recap, we're thinking of starting new chapters in Syracuse, Albany and Binghamton. Richard is going to head up the Syracuse chapter, Zach will get the ball rolling in Albany (but may be leaving soon, so we'll need a new admin at that time), and Pat Lane is going to head up Binghamton.

I need to make it clear that I am NOT running these chapters. They are administered by the people that set them up. I can offer suggestions, and will offer advice (both solicited and unsolicited, I'm sure), but the running of these realms falls on you guys. It's not an onerous task. Likewise, these are not satellite locations for the Cairnhold Legion. I fully expect you guys to foster new units, and our blanket prohibition on open recruiting outside KoN remains. Do not sell people on the Legion - sell them on Dagorhir.

Thoughts?

I understand that some of the prospective chapter heads already have names in mind. My only suggestion is that if we stick with the seats of the 7 kingdoms (and the capital of Dorne), we keep a theme running.

Also, I'd be happy to modify the Winterfell website into a "Kings Landing" website, to be a shared/joint website for all of the chapters.

I'd be down for helping out with this.

Any progress on this front boys? Let's strike while the iron's hot.

I had a question--what becomes of our role in the Legion as we recruit other people into Dagorhir? I mean, would we recruit up people, form them into their own units, and then at national events say 'peace' and rock with the legion? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the leadership angle of this.

Typically, at larger events, chapters will set aside any inter-realm conflicts and fight together. So at Badon, Rag, etc. we'd simply form up, and let them fight alongside us.

This isn't a ploy to get a hundred people in the Legion, in fact, I doubt we'd want everyone. These new chapters should not be pitched as new outposts of the Legion, rather as new, fully self-sufficient chapters - that just happen to have some Legion members in them. Just like Rich and Janwin run Winterfell, but Winterfell isn't a "Narnian" chapter.

Auburn is to close to both the roch and Syracuse to start a chapter IMO. we have no need for it when there is going to be 2 and a half chapters 1 hour drive away. But on a positive note the noobs out in auburn are starting a fighting unit at least.

I spoke with some of the locals in Binghamton and am getting some positive responses. Im trying to organize a craft day to make some weapons, and get folks hitting each other and go from there.

I am also willing to help make/loan weapons for these causes. I find it easier to recruit a few people if you just put the swords in their hands and let them hit each other. Build day is good for after you have some interest. If all goes well, I will have 4-6 "standard" blues that you (or Zach, or Richard) can borrow in the near future. I want to rock a full trunk of swords at Leon's party on the 3rd, to try and hook all his big, geeky friends on Dagorhir. After that, you are welcome to borrow them. It really never hurts to have a few extras, even if everybody at your field has their own.

I'm on board for starting up a chapter for Albany here. It will be easier for me once school starts back up, recruiting wise at least. I'll talk to some of the local gaming stores too.

Dave do you have any contact info for that dag group that's based out of troy or something like that?

It's Anvard, and they're officially out of Massachusetts - although they have units all over New England. Should be no overlap issue, they can't really "claim" six states and half of New York too. IIRC there's a unit in Saratoga Springs or thereabouts.

I'll see what I can do to assist ya'll in Binghamton and surrounding areas, as that is where I was born and grew up. I will pass the word around to my friends there, and then from there.. while visiting that area, attend a practice or two.. and continue to pass along the word for ya.