Sign in to follow this  
MasterMike

Leather Greaves

So I am thinking about coming back for the July event, and I was wondering if anyone might want to make a few extra bucks by bringing along some leather working tools, and 6 narrow, short pieces of leather to extend the straps on my greaves about an inch. I would be willing to pay whatever sounds fair.

I just tested the greaves again, and only need the top strap of each greave extended by approximately half an inch. Just a quick sewing job, nothing major. However, I know everyone is busy before play begins, so I know even menial tasks can be a chore. But it would totally make my event.

If you want to pay me to extend your strap with rivets I will accept your money, but it would have to be at the site, and it would be your job to match the existing leather color later.

If you want to pay me to extend your strap with rivets I will accept your money, but it would have to be at the site, and it would be your job to match the existing leather color later.

Yes this is acceptable, and much appreciated. All 6 straps would be preferred (For ease of fastening.), but only the top strap on each greave is truly necessary. I would only need a half an inch, to an inch. Also, on site is not only acceptable, but also preferred. Let me know how much you think is a fair deal.

measure the straps and let me know how wide the add-on pieces need to be. Even if this turns into a giant pain in the butt on Friday, I don't think it should be more than $20.

measure the straps and let me know how wide the add-on pieces need to be. Even if this turns into a giant pain in the butt on Friday, I don't think it should be more than $20.

The straps are 11/16 inches wide. 5/8 might work, but it would be a hair off. 20 dollars is not an issue at all. Thanks again.