Unknown one

Awesomeness of July

Okay I guess I am the first one to be on the boards to post about this event.

First thing I have to get out of my system is seeing the inquisitor ig and having him tell me that he is going to make sure I do not die.

Getting tinkerer lot, small as it is, but still getting it.

Fighting with bagmen, constructs, yeti's, and many other unnameables and surviving to tell about it.

Annoying 10 year old nimess, blagar, dano, erimess, and cat.

this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends......

getting reaped and then watching the town, or at least a good part of it come after the assasins and then seeing oog them chase and kill them to get my spark. It felt good to know that even though we might not know each other that good ibg we all watch out for each other.

Getting infected and being able to have a couple of months to get my hair healthy as it refuses to hold any more color so it is now magenta.

And for all the other things I have to many to list. Watch for my blog to start and you all will see more of these things

THE GOOD:

- Zacharias NOT going down at all during his shifts. Though a single drum boosted Orc did manage to beat down my armor and put me at no body left.

- Getting 5 coin to gain a wart and a random condition. After eating the treat I gained monstrous body for the rest of the game day. WINNING!

- Beating down some slave traders with The Students.

- Seeing the first reactions of the PC's when the Shark Pician/Bog Lurker Hybrid came out of the forest at them during the last shift.

-Traveling with Raines and the Nobles to save Raines's child

THE BAD:

- I need new boots, all the hiking I did murdered my feet.

- Some of The Students and I got ambushed by wandering Orcs after walking back from the Lake. They managed to drop one of ours and the healer was out of power.

-Forgetting my satchel full of tagbags and coin at the inn and having to sprint from the town to go and get it back, worried that some NPC's probably ganked it.

Cons:

1. Being tired :D Its a physical game, I act, I learn, I sleep, I repeat. I knew I would be.

2. Being constantly thirsty, again, I knew it would happen and I kept drinking when I could. If only I was told to drink water....Dave :)

3. NO AJ!?!??!?!?!?! W.....T......F.......

Pros:

1. Trying so hard to keep Nimess safe from the plauge to have him die and get it while he was dead.

2. Accidentaly handing the plauge to Roland...I really didn't mean it...

3. Being complimented on my RP as Cat with a 10 year old mind. Thanks guys, that made my day <3.

4. 4 poison stun: Crimson Hawk- "First Aid?" Cat- "Stunned, don't worry about it. 30 seconds to go..." Thank you impoved magic armor for saving my butt on that one.

5. New items for Cat! A doll and I guess I'm stuck with a wand :P, plus a purdy rose.

6. *Bagman enters Bazaar. 7 of us plus bagman stare at eachother for 5 minutes silently. Bill gets hit with fear and runs out Bazaar. 6 Dissipates are heard*

7. Having everyone that entered the Fae realm be complimented. Guys, we fought the best fighters, and won. Round of applause for our noob selves...each under Level 15?

8. Cat - *walks in inn* Raines - "Hey there, want a sausage?" Cat - "Uhhhmmmm...." *Walks out of inn* <3 :)

9. Inn staff <3 Thank you all so much!

10. "BOYS HAVE COOTIES!" "NO GIRLS HAVE COOTIES!"

11. After shifts 1 and 4 in the cabin. I love you guys, you make my nights totally worth it.

12. All the GM plots, each one was really awesome this game (THANK YOU GMS AND KON STAFF).

13. STQ got to do some running around...and rocked it!

14. The Amanda Sammich, Thankya Castalia for reminding me...

15. Trying to take a drink of water and having my sword try and kill my face. Thanks for the laughs Cas and Amanda, I totally deserved that.

16. 'Diving' into a bunk, Priceless.

17. My goal is to add something to my belt each game as a PC, so far it's a success.

Edit:

Pros 14-17

The Awesome:

- Commanding a wraith to attack and kill a PC... Sorry Jeremiah, next time don't piss Falco off when he has a wraith under his control. (Only one character knows of this IC)

- Said PC survived, so I didn't feel like an asshole OOC.

The Good:

- Awesome roleplaying with Avelis, I love how the situation was RPed out.... I never truly thought you'd strike Falco, Mr. Peaceful.

- Artemis is fun to role with. Regardless of his trust issues, we got along pretty well and fought very well together.

- Melina (sp?) and falco got along surprisingly well. Maybe there infatuation with controlling/killing undead is enough to keep them civil

- Controlling many things this event. 3 Gravespawn, 2 Wraiths.

- Saturday night shift NOT wanting me dead.

- Many more i cannot think of right now...

The Bad:

- Walking five feet and being drenched with sweat. Stupid humidity

- Almost losing my scrolls in my new pouch, thank you Vargas (randy) for finding them.

- Friday Night shift wanting me dead, or close to it :)

The Absolute Worst

- Coming home to find out that my dog has been missing for 2 days... Got home around 12, and have been looking for him for hours. FML

I wanna start with cons. So here goes.

Cons:

1. Finding out I'm utterly friggen' blind in the dark and falling down 5 times during my first time out as an NPC... really... embarrassing

2. Drinking tons during the day to keep myself hydrated... only to have to pee every hour on the hour when I'm trying to sleep. Seriously, didn't need to pee during the day. WTF body!?

3. Not being able to get into my character's head. I know it's common, but it still irritates me.

4. Fighting to not scream with every step I take cause my boots have no sole support whatsoever. The good side of that... I got a foot massage the first night!

Aaaaaand... yeah, that's it for cons. Now pros!

Pros:

1. Getting help right from the beginning as I walked in the door.

2. Playing poor injured girl/bandit as my first ever NPC thing type person. Even though my butt went numb sitting there.

3. "You are about to be in the middle of an Amanda sandwich!" Need I say more? I think not. (That was really one of my top moments there.)

4. Being skeptical about sleeping arrangements and unsure if I'd be able to sleep at all... only to find out that the people in the cabin are awesome as all hell and made me laugh for 2 extra hours after game was done for the night... then passing out (but not staying asleep. See Con 2).

5. "You want to buy ze poop? Or you want to buy ze daughter?" "But papa!!" "Do you want to carry ze poop?!" "No, I do not want to carry ze poop!!" "Then do not talk back!" "Imbecile...."

6. Watching everyone blend into their roles so naturally... envy going on here, but actually the good kind. I will strive to be like that. You guys are so great!

7. Believe it or not... getting whacked by an assassin and then getting healed. Don't ask me why... that was just total awesomesauce.

8. Meeting everyone and getting to see how awesome they are, not just from what Nimess says when he comes home after every game.

9. Doing an NPC shift at the tavern. That was actually the most fun part for me. Everyone made it such a happy and enjoyable shift. Not one bad moment happened for me!

10. Watching a wraith beat the crap out of another wraith in the middle of the tavern.

11. Watching 10 year old Nimess offering candy to everyone he came across. P.S. That was good candy!

12. Making new friends. Thank you to everyone there for the great welcome. It was all of you who made it a great experience for me. It's a no brainer... I'm coming back! <3<3<3

13. I can't believe I forgot this! Thanks for reminding me, Cat! Watching Catrias literally dive into a bunk and totally looking like the most awesome dork ever. The laughter didn't stop for a few minutes.

No cons. I love this game and the not-so-great stuff really just adds to the whole experience. Plus, no one enjoys bitching for bitching's sake. :D

1. Fun NPC roles: The Bottomless Pit - "He has the deepest throat in all of Novitas. He can really swallow a load." Too bad that one was sent out at the wrong time. Still, fun and maaaybe recurring?

2. Mean Girl Nox Worshiper - "Do you repent?" "Uh. Yeah. Sure. Totally. Can I go now?" "Why follow Nox?" "Why NOT? It's fun!"

3. Rolling the Students and getting to witness one of the twins totally win that encounter all by himself. Good on you, dude. I'm thoroughly impressed.

4. Making light of the Fae Plague. "Ferpies?" "Faebies." "The FIV."

5. Having Elrohir step in and Charm an annoying Vleanoan selling his daughter to leave Eliana's sight.

6. Dancing with sweets-finding fae. Ya'll were adorable. :D

7. On that note, getting to finally meet the lovely Amy.

8. Successful low-stakes gambling again. "What are your names?" "Uther." ".... ... ... Steve." "From now on, all of my NPCs will be named Bob."

9. Black Martin - I hope you die in a fire. Still, it's nice to have a nemisis and develop more depth for my character. Sure, she could have chosen to forgive and forget a 16 slay to the face for trying to help save a life, but killing people and rigging dead bodies to callously murder those who might try to help is where Eliana draws the line. "Anyone wanna see a healer kill someone? Follow me."

10. Getting plot hooks for Black Martin two more times - and a nemisis is born. I hate you, Richard. :P

11. On a similar note, Kevin's crazy ability to see all trip wires everywhere. You, sir, are a boss.

12. Playing out Eliana trying to figure out how a baby could be Raines' and also Goldwright's at the same time. Naive healer is naive.

13. Meeting up with a satyr again and insta-growing a stinging nettle from fae dirt and fae water. The message? "Nosey elves should stop looking into fae-related anything." Consider that message totally not received by the most curious elf in Pinedale.

14. Getting to play the bitchiest high fae evar. And getting compliments on her fun face paint. :D

15. Female boggarts at the inn. 'Nuff said. Sorry if I broke anyone's ears with my high-pitched voice.

See you guys in September!

NPC:

1. waiting in the bushes to ambush the students as they returned from the lake, flawless execution!

2. getting my first chance to npc greater roles, thank you logistics for allowing more magic casters.

3. fae plots are a welcome change, despite how much face paint we went through.

4. being an iron golem instructed to kill minotaurs and then mistaking Ivan for one.

PC:

1. Falco, you challenged Artemis' view of justice this event, I am conflicted what to do next, either way - I respect you.

2. being able to smell myself through my armor was a gritty reminder of how real this can be.

3. PvP on saturday night was entertaining and believable, we all need to let off a little steam!

4. finally being able to cast a few spells and NOT feel like a noobie mcBurden face.

If I cant get off work in september, I will burn my workplace to the ground!

Artemis out.

Well here goes,

Pros:

-Going independant for the second event now and being able to experience the game with other groups.

-Getting paid 20 coin to eat spider gummies and grow worts (side effects included).

-The fae realm plot with the lowest level PCs of 4th shift, the preparation (basically camping in the bizzare only to get attacked by bagmen and undead) and getting super buffed from the princess of the fae realm.

-The interesting plague (fae herpies) plot and seeing faekin PCs without the hair color and contacts. (In some ways this is also a con)

-Downing some "essence of youth" and roleplaying a 10 year old Erimis for the last two hours of game.

-Going against Saturday morning Orcs Leroy Jenkins styled and managed to survive the attack (barely).

-Utilizing the new drinking horn I recently purchased (I have a cup now yay).

-Actually being prepared this event with food, drinks and bug spray.

-Proving to myself that I can be indepandant as a PC and can interact and group with various other PCs.

Cons:

-Too many DAMN mosquitos

-wasting a scroll of Wraithbane that I paid 27 coin for.

-Not being able to take advantage of the buffs I got from the Princess from the fae realm plot.

-side effects from the wort plot (stunned, weakened and only capable of speaking pycean).

-Getting assaulted by the Playboys (which was a dicking around "out of game" thing which I didn't know at the time).

-Injuring my leg during a bandit plot at the shrine of draconus.

-Breaking a strap on one of my plate bracers.

Overall this was by far the most interesting event I have experienced at Novitas. Hope to see everyone again in September.

Kingdom of Novitas is always a great time. I thank every single staff member for their contributions to the game. Thank you.

PC -

My new sign! Lauren, you are the best. I absolutely love it. Thank you so much again.

The RP that I had with the three students and Master Andrew. Seri and I had this great rivalry going on with him trying to keep his students away from Raines, but Raines shamelessly advanced anyway. Raines even cut himself a little, so that one of the students had to 'lay her healy hands' on him. It was a great success.

Personal plot as always is awesome. Thank you very much for giving me a chance to explore my character more in-depth.

"Raines...I have....terrible news...." "What is it Titus?" "Your baby is dead." "Oooooooooo."

Watching Goldwright spot traps as if he is some kind of trip wire spotting super hero. It was unreal.

Hiring my first employee in Angus.

Seeing Crixis again, even if he stabbed me.

Getting thanked in character by Eliana for helping her try and catch Black Martin.

The Nyads. Raines loves Nyads. Once he is cured, he's going to find them and try to get their treasure chests. A treasure chest has avoided Raines for now...but for how long? Also, the RP that went on was some of the best. I loved learning about fae and Nyads in character.

In character, Raines realized that he is respected and feared by some. Nimess, you are a bigger man than I for RPing that scene the way you did. Major kudos.

Seeing Roland again, even though we didn't get to do much together.

"The plague! It makes people crazy! It makes them crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

NPC-

Orc Ambush on The Students. I hope that it was fun. I know that the more dangerous encounters are my favorite.

A bag of masks. Five men. Awesome ensued. We NPC'd for a good two and a half hours as Bagmen, werewolves, kazvaks, orcs and slavers. Good times.

Barbarians hunting one of their lower tribesmen. The hostage situation with the Students was a lot of fun. I wish we had found our lesser tribesman for intense negotiations for the life of your Student. Was a lot of fun guys. I hope you had a good time with that too.

Getting compliments on my cooking as an Inn Keeper.

Pro's

1. IcyHot. Thanks Nicole!

2. Chicken. Thanks Nicole and Jenica!

3. ice pack. Thanks Bob!

4. Help in shower. Thanks Andy!

5. pain killers. Thanks to a lot of people for this one.

6. Seeing Amy and Michael. That was a real treat.

7. The scene where I killed (and revived) an innocent woman, so we could release the spark of the brother she was trying to save. Amy's actual surprise at my actions helped with the horrific look of shocked betrayal right before she died.

8. Using memory loss on Amy's character so that she could live the rest of her life thinking that she saved her brother from becoming a member of an undead army. The gratefulness coming from forgotten betrayal was horrific.

9. Pat Lane, as the inquisitor, showing a much softer side, as I begged him to find a way around killing her.

10. Killing undead in an almost manic fashion, as my characters attempt to feel better about helping to create one.

11. Killing a bandit so Falco couldn't heal her and torture her.

12. The screaming fight with Falco. Partly at what he had wanted to do, and partly at the irresponsibility of using revive for the purpose of torture. He was probably not serious, but still...

13. Kevin as the Fae turned mortal. Pretty much what you'd expect from a creature who likes to play tricks and was never able to lie.

14. Deciding to stay with the Sentinals, to keep an eye on them. I think there will be some bonding in time, but certainly not yet (except over the joy of putting down undead).

15. Spellstoring three revives and finally being able to use power for something else. "Control lesser undead" is a really fun spell.

16. Getting to see the Nyad costumes in action. Sewing them didn't take nearly as long as designing, measuring and cutting them. I learned that it's a lot like web design. Once the design is finished, turning it into a theme/skin is easy.

17. Making the dolls. This was another case of having no idea what I was doing until I did it.

18. Playing mannequin. That was hilarious. Granted, walking made my injury start throbbing, but it was still funny.

19. Playing the creepy/bratty princess. I had no idea what I was going to do or say until I did it. The makeup, crown and dress really helped me stop being me.

20. Actually sleeping Saturday night.

21. JC's plot ideas. F'ing fantastic stuff.

22. Watching a super buffed Erimis giddy as all hell after killing some baddies during the Fae realm plot.

23. "I don't want to let them go, I want them to kick ass." - me explaining my reasoning for keeping a generally low level group in a hellish situation. Sorry to all those NPC's who were probably exhausted from the hot day. I really did feel bad about that.

24. All the help organizing the totes before game. Holly crap you are fantastic.

Con's

1. The old injury acting up (torn muscle fibers in my trapezius). I should have known it was going to happen. I had felt it coming on for awhile. Stress and a bad bed. Anything was going to set it off.

2. Not getting more than a few hours of sleep Friday night. Really bad bed, not helpful for back/neck pain.

3. General worry about the injury taking months to heal again. The good news is that it's already starting to feel better. I can walk upright now!

the funny.

1. Taking off my bikini top for the shower and having coin fall out. I had to keep it somewhere for the Nyad plot and I guess I forgot about it.

Tony I hope you find your dog! :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Good:

- Playing a lot of a lot of a lot of role-play heavy roles. Getting to have fun rewards for the PCs during a number of them.

- Seeing everyone again, that's always excellent.

- Playing Suki during a different shift, having her run into PCs that hadn't met her yet.

- Playing fae-turned-mortals with Katie. Being sexually harassed by Ivan in order to learn 'human customs'.

- Getting to do a good chunk of set up / clean up at logistics. I actually enjoy tote hauling. O.o;

Edits/Additions

- Best mannered Dellins ever coming into the Inn for drink. Washing their own cups, lots of pleases and thank-yous. Heck, some of the local farmers could take a tip, bahaha.

- Hearing the Inquisitor telling everyone to keep the faekin safe. Had to scoop my jaw off the floor on that one. X3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Not-so-Good:

-PC's.... clean your bowls before you go to sleep! Getting up early and setting up the inn for breakfast, to find dirty cups and bowls all over, is not okay. Next time you won't get them back for less than five coin in the tip jar. >:|

-Bugs bugs bugs. And heat and bugs and bugs and heat.

-My boots killing my feet regardless of new gel insoles. Grumbles.

The Pros

I'm glad The Students managed to hold the cabin for the better half of the night.

On that note friday night was horrible in a good way. First time Michael was afraid for his life. It was also was the first time he was rolled which turned into a regular thing because it happened 2 more times.

There are now the scraps of "two Enchant Weapons, three dissipates, two magic armors, one restore limb, two heal bodys and two heal mortals scattered around the academy. As much as I like being the Green Power Ranger it cost me over 72 coin... :(........

Looted a magic item :)

The Cons

We had members of our group taken hostage three times... The next time someone says if you dont give us what we want we will kill you friend I'm going to shoot them with an arrow.

Getting rolled while trying to lure the assassin back to The Students

Hiding as a bandit behind a log and being told that we were easy to see. So close to a good sneak attack.

The Ugly

Having Nimis run down to the swamp trying to catch me. Was it worth the flower?

Then walking to the shrine as part of the next plot I was in.

I need more bug spray...

Overall good event. I may have enough coin to buy some stuff now :)

Bad:

• Forgetting that if you borrow something, like a tote full of extension cords and radios, you should put the radios back before you return the tote, even if it did get 10 new extension cords.
  • Continuing to not have the rules in a good state (Fail!)
  • Staring at my character sheet for an hour, and still having my math wrong. (Thanks Jenica for fixing me!)
  • Letting the inn use a table that's about six weeks old, and finding it bent and damaged sunday :(
  • Not getting to let "Angry bad guy Atticus" out on whoever infected him due to...

Good:

• Winning at Faebies. Atticus totally does not want to do Nox's work and spread this plague that hurts fae. Some of Atticus' best friends are fae!
  • Getting out of the Inn for most of the game. I still didn't really do much of anything, but walking around is a good time.
  • Fun RP keep-away from everyone. It meant Atticus didn't do any synchronizing or healing this game, but let's be honest: Atticus doesn't really heal people.
  • Learning Spellstore. It's super nice to have every buff I need and still have 20 power.
  • My cape. I can't help but swagger a little when I walk with it. I know it's baby blue and totally makes me look like a gay pirate, but damn! Cape!
  • Coin! We adjusted the maths for loot per shift. I actually heard more people satisfied with the amount of loot than at games when the number was different. Yay!
  • MK! She put together items for each shift, which really saved me time Friday night. Woot!
  • NPCing is fun! Who knew?
  • Seeing everybody again. I was camping with about 20 KON people a week or two again, and it's nice to see everyone adjusting back to normal everyday LARP life.
  • Arming Cote! I'm not positive how it looks from eyes that aren't mine, but whenever I wear it I totally feel like a complete badass.

Awesomes:

• Playing a Wraith! I don't remember the last time I played a wraith, but I'm pretty sure the NSGG was still together and we only had 40 people per game. I totally enjoy the new wraiths.
  • Can I list "Playing a Wraith" again? I sound like an elitist, but herding PCs for an hour, and then, after i was slain, hearing PCs speaking in hushed tones "Did that Wraith just house Octavius?" made me giggle like a freaking schoolgirl going shopping for a pony on her birthday.
  • Hearing happy stories about Ragnarok. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but if hanging out with LARPers for one weekend a month is fun, then a solid week is freaking mind blowing.
  • Cleanup! We had to be out by noon, and as far as I know, we were out by 11:45. Good work everybody!
  • Nicole showed up! My wife's work schedule has conflicted with game for like three years now, so it was really nice that she could make it out to this game. Everyone I spoke to said she was great to have around, and multiple people approached me to have me thank her again for her help. I have, and she's looking forward to the next time she can make it!

I can't wait till the fighter practice, so I can see everyone again.

AWESOME EVENT!

Top whatever number -

- The first thing I see when I walk in the door is Amy and Michael. YAY!

- The first thing I smell when I walk in the door is Amy and Michael's coffee maker. YAY! (Heaven will smell like that.)

- Leslie's spearheading of the NPC garb organization. WELL DONE!

- Dave unloading his pile of numbered items brought a huge smile to my face. biggrin.gif And then Dan promised to do the same the next day. I hit the friggen logistics lottery.

- Feedback from Pat on the Antigone plot. It's really nice to hear when someone likes your plot. It's really nice to write plot for people who surprise the hell out of you. Who'd have thought the Inquisitor and Melina would make such a good team? LOVED IT.

- Lauren - "You just hit my bottom."

Ivan - "That's a human custom. It's called foreplay."

- Dave Morgan singing to the Fae so we'd dance... after Belladonna banished the drummer. laugh.gif

- Being paid for a Maloik... sort of. I wasn't sure I could pull it off. I'm not usually prone to outright silliness, but if you're gonna do it, do it all the way. Bonus was that I got to molester Dave. Also, apparently Agatha can pull of a tail. Just saying. wink.gif

- Seeing Mike out of logistics. I know how happy it made him to be out in the fray, even if he had to fake a heart attack to avoid combat that happened around him.

- Having to explain to my family at the picnic Sunday that I wasn't sunburnt, I was just stained red from the day before.

- Raines - "Agatha, are you by chance a wetnurse?"

Agatha - "Being a wetnurse implies that you've had a child recently and are still producing milk. No, I am not a wetnurse."

Raines - "Oh, I guess I don't know what that word means."

- Did I mention that I got a magic tail? Love that thing!

9. Black Martin - I hope you die in a fire. Still, it's nice to have a nemisis and develop more depth for my character. Sure, she could have chosen to forgive and forget a 16 slay to the face for trying to help save a life, but killing people and rigging dead bodies to callously murder those who might try to help is where Eliana draws the line. "Anyone wanna see a healer kill someone? Follow me."

10. Getting plot hooks for Black Martin two more times - and a nemisis is born. I hate you, Richard. :P

re:Black Martin:

Gming-- If you hate me, I'm doing it right. @-D Love you tooo!

I'm glad to see that the plot stuck--props to Brett for ALL the help on that. It wouldn't have happened without you! You rock, sir!

GM/NPCing--

Black Martin strikes...first! It was so neat to see that plot develop right in front of my eyes.

Blolol the most Ancient Piscean Ever--Schyler, you were the best NPC for that piscean I could have ever picked. "We gotta go! He could be drying out! I'm drying out!" Splashes a cup of water on his piscean face. Great jorb!

Nyad costuming--oooooooo they're blue!

Meta-plot faekin dramaz asplosion!! Sooo happy with the result, great job!

Thank you to all my NPCs--you did a great job, and I'm so pleased with all you did!

PCing:

Oh great, it's Tony as a boggart. Yaaaay I'm Banished.

And then later, where I was literally "Trolled" by a troll as he banishes me as well... Yaaaay Banish.

Best. Spell. Never.

Being able to pay back a bit of lifedebt to Sidhan and help out with a fight--awesome!

Meat on the fire--tasty and awesome!

AMY AND MICHAEL!! Yaaaaay!

Falco, you crazy man you. @-D

Also--selling Bandit Ears! Good times.

The Academy! You guys all rock. Every game, I'm more and more impressed. Keep the climb going!

Also, I forgot...

Tony: You want ze daw-tair? You want ze poop?

Sophia: Eliana, you're Vleanoan. Have you ever heard that accent before?

Eliana: I really haven't, Sophia. I really haven't...

Also, I forgot...

Tony: You want ze daw-tair? You want ze poop?

Sophia: Eliana, you're Vleanoan. Have you ever heard that accent before?

Eliana: I really haven't, Sophia. I really haven't...

I was no Vlenoan... He was just a farmer!

For some reason, you all assumed he was Vlenoan because of the accent... Also keep in mind, that I went a whole round in town trying to sell JUST the daughter.. So to get some coin I sold GoST some poop...

I was no Vlenoan... He was just a farmer!

For some reason, you all assumed he was Vlenoan because of the accent... Also keep in mind, that I went a whole round in town trying to sell JUST the daughter.. So to get some coin I sold GoST some poop...

*nodnods* The poop was more appealing than a pouty rebelling daughter who fought and seemed useless otherwise. I dunno if I should consider that a success, since I was fighting so hard to not be sold... or if it was a failure cause I was supposed to be sold. At least you get to keep the 3 cows from my dowry. *snickers*

I think it had something to do with what either you or your "daughter" were wearing. Someone started throwing "Vlenoan" around and it went from there.

- Feedback from Pat on the Antigone plot. It's really nice to hear when someone likes your plot. It's really nice to write plot for people who surprise the hell out of you. Who'd have thought the Inquisitor and Melina would make such a good team? LOVED IT.

That was you? Out of game I loved it. Good job on that one!

Okay here goes...

Pros:

• Coming back to game after oh so long. I missed all you guys.
  • Seeing Amy and Michael. People I haven't seen even before I stopped attending.
  • Rolling the entire cabin of Students as undead, then watching the Fae-kin twin(Sorry I forget your name.) rolling in and saving the day solo style like an action hero.
  • Meeting new players and bunk-mates.
  • Playing undead in general is always fun.
  • Watching the Golems mesmerized by Ivan's helmet.
  • Having the inquisitor ask me to wear the "Death to Minotaurs" sign, and Roland arguing that there are no minotaurs in sight.
  • Being given a magical sword by Goldright. GIVEN a magical sword!
  • Receiving 3 magic items as opposed to my usual number of 0.
  • Banking with Goldright and Titus.
  • Being dropped only once as opposed to my usual 4-6 times during the event, and being dropped via self-sacrifice reasons, not because I suck.
  • Getting OOBER buffs from Prime before the battle with the orcs on the road. Then keeping those buffs until convergence, which helped me imensly. Note to self: Invest in magic.
  • Rolling with the Playboys. Always fun.
  • Seeing Avelis(I might have spelled that wrong.) have the life drained out of him from this plague. I deliberately targeted him on the dancing fae/drummer fae plot, and to see the evidence of the life drained from his soul epically fleshed out his current state of emotion.
  • Sitting around the fire near the lake telling jokes with Steve, Al, and a bunch of other people while we waited for the PC's to arrive during the first plot of the night. Also gotta love how that started.

Random Camper trying to be an asshole gets in the middle of the road with a stick and trying to make fun of us yells "This is my road, you may not pass. What will you give me to pass on my road?"

Steve's reaction: "My big fucking hammer in your face! Oh wait, you're not one of us..... never mind."

• (After I knew he was okay) Seeing Goldright take a header off a 3 foot wall, then insuring him that he actually "defeated the wall."
  • Seeing the condition of STQ and friends, after their Fae excursion, and being relieved that I was late to the gathering, and did not go with them. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO CONCENTRATE ON AN IMPORTANT AND DELICATE PLOT, WHILE YOUR ADVENTURING COMPANIONS ARE ESSENTIALLY 8 YEARS OLD?!!!!!
  • Getting to use my new sword's Ghastly Visage power.

• The Inquisitor stating that he does not wish to see the Fae/Fae-kin in the grips of Darkness. This added a whole new 3 dimensional aspect to Pat's PC. Awesome decision Pat. Just awesome!
  • Yummy food at the Inn.
  • Roland caught stealing food at the Inn by Randy's Inn NPC and trying to explain his way out of it. "I was just in the middle of reaching into my pouch to pay for this."
  • Hot blue women.
  • Turning into a werewolf in the middle of the Inn and killing Avelis.
  • Playing Eric, the angry farmer who's wife got knocked up by Bob's NPC. Sneaking Octavius's dagger away from where he left it and stabbing Bob to death before being killed by the masses.
  • Flower pimp.
  • Being able to kill things other than just orcs, zombies, bandits and skeletons for a change. FINALLY!!!
  • Rescuing PC's from the fate of bagmen.
  • A TINKERER PLOT!!! What an amazing way to finish up an event. Thank you guys sooo much for adding that farmer vs. brownie plot in at the end of the event. I actually felt useful.
  • Getting jumped at the Inn after game by the other PC's and thinking game was still in session. Wade drops Falco, who was about to drop me. I attack Wade. Wade pierce attacks me and drops me.
  • Watching Dave sexually harass Lauren's NPC.
  • Gambling with Lauren's other NPC.
  • Even though this should be a con, contracting the plague.
  • Going to save the ruler of the Picians, and hearing all these stories about how mighty and powerful he is, then finding out he is the size of a lemon. The better part was Schuyler's reaction as the Pician NPC when I offered to buy his ruler from him for 50 coin.

Pros Update

• Prime as Patrick the friendly Ogre!

Roland: "You should tell all your friends to be friendly like you, and they too can have drinks and watermelon at our inn."

Patrick (Prime): "Friends not smart like Patrick. They stupid and mean, so adventurers kill them." Nom Nom Nom (On watermelon.)

Cons:

• Bugs F*&%ing BUGS!!! This was by far the worst part of the event. The heat was bad, but manageable. When you bug spray wears off in an hour, that becomes a problem when the woods are infested with them. Enough said about all of that. You all know perfectly well what I mean.
  • The heat of course.
  • Not as many players as I hoped for, but it was the weekend of the 4th, so what can you do?

MORE TO FOLLOW WHEN I REMEMBER!

Guest Elrohir Amandil

I had a really good time this weekend. Even right up until I hit my wall of working 5 straight days, doing Novitas, then working another two days. I weasled out of today's shift just to get more rest. Couldn't wait until Thursday. I digress.

1. The staff does their job well. I don't think this gets said enough. Sign-in was a breeze this game. Shift balance seemed to be great; I wasn't left wanting for things to do as an NPC or a PC. I walked out with more coin than I started and I spent a fair amount in trade and greasing palms as the game went on. Overall I think you guys had your shit together this month. Thumbs up.

2. To follow up, I still really like the new character sheets. They are easy to read, use, and add (unless you're level 100+ apparently) and they are really informative.

3. Sure the weather was a bit hot but I've experienced worse. I just went outside to take care of my lawn for 20 minutes and felt worse afterward than after a whole day of Novitas. Maybe it's because there aren't any orcs hampering my ability to use a weedwhacker to raise my adrenalin. The bugs on the other hand can GTFO. I have no idea what happened to that bug spray I bought before the game.

4. Being the Bottomless Pit. Fun concept, maybe needs to be executed when there is a lull in plots. Got hit with a bit of bad timing. Let's try that again in September, please.

5. "Do you want to buy ze poop?" *charm* L: "GTFO" Dude: "k" I really like being a compulsionist.

6. L: "So what are your names?" One: "Uther" Other: ....>_> <_< ... >_> "Steve" I apparently put a bunch of people on the spot by asking them what their names are.

7. Silencing and then Pinning a Dromgul. I really, really, like playing a compulsionist. Earlier that fight. Ambrose: "I need nature damage!" L: "Use my sword!" Dromgul: "Banish!" Ambrose: *sad panda* L: "Fuck! He banished my sword!"

8. The Black Martin plot. I don't know if L was the intended target for it initially but good timing and then follow ups on that made it a memorable encounter. I hope we get to see more of that in the future.

9. Kevin spotting trip wires like a boss. Thanks for making that second Black Martin encounter casualty free.

10. Thanks, GMs, for humoring me with the Stinging Nettle Chia Pet. L is totally going to be following up on that more. I feel like L is something akin to Fox Mulder sometimes. He's just gotta know this fringe stuff.

11. Picking up Catalus' elven steel sword and then dissipating from a set of bandits. Later L reappears, shouts to Catalus and tosses him his sword back then watches Catalus sprint after the bandits. Good action scene.

This is just some of the stuff. I have a lot of PEL and blog material from this game. Very well paced and exciting game this month. Looking forward to September and whatever meetups we can manage between now and then.

Seeing the condition of STQ and friends, after their Fae excursion, and being relieved that I was late to the gathering, and did not go with them. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO CONCENTRATE ON AN IMPORTANT AND DELICATE PLOT, WHILE YOUR ADVENTURING COMPANIONS ARE ESSENTIALLY 8 YEARS OLD?!!!!!

is that with or without the potions? wink.gif

is that with or without the potions? wink.gif

+1

Awesome: Props and Atmosphere. This month and this event it worked like a well-oiled machine from this GM's perspective.

Special shout out to some of my NPCs Saturday Night: Dave H, Dan, Schuyler, Leslie, Lauren, and Tammy. They were the kind of staffers and NPCs that people should look up to while on shift 4. I don't get to say that about people people every weekend. Took every role happily. They were creative and engaging with a simple "this is who you are and this is the encounter objective" statement. People are tired out, hot, often dehydrated, and in rough shape by then.

• Clean Fights in the early part of Shift 3.
  • Compulsionist vs. Drummgal FTW.
  • Dren, your coin purse makes you slow and useless for quiet flanking. Priorities man!
  • "Are you a lycanthrope?" "I, uh... TIME STOP"
  • Princesses to be rescued.
  • The previous two bullets added up to be the best 30 minutes of my game in a year. Easily. That's what this guy was built for. Rescuing princesses and rapid onset violence.
  • Telling the Dellins that by staying the Free Lands they risked bringing plague home to their Fae touched elders.
  • Fae Terraforming plot went off pretty well. Glad you enjoyed the treats.
  • Setting defensive tripwires IC and never needing them.
  • Goldright's reaction to the cabbage plot.
  • Spun Honey,
  • Harpoon being bought, sold, fought over and eventually ending up in the hands of the man that has everything.
  • They found ALL the sea creatures? Damn son. Good job guys.
  • The extra efforts over the airbrush.
  • Narene wins at the elfy conversation game.
  • Love my pretty new shield.
  • Shift loot balance seemed perfect from where I stood.
  • Good Golly's was great. Burned my tongue, but it was a good time.