Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Bored this Weekend?

I'll be a vendor here:

It is my pleasure to announce the 2nd Annual Broken Spur Ranch Medieval Fest. Centered on the grounds of the Broken Spur Ranch in Theresa, New York, the Fest features kid-oriented medieval games, armoured sparring, camping, and revelry.

The schedule this year falls close to the ending of Pennsic, but affords those not able to attend Pennsic the opportunity to join in the fun and re-enactments of the Medieval World. Non-sanctioned sparring is welcomed, bring your gear. Sparring will predominantly follow the rules most of us associate with rattan fighting, however, deviation from those rules will be allowed by mutual consent by sparring fighters. Once again, this is a non-sanctioned event. It is not part any medieval oriented organization.

Members of any medieval organization are admitted free to the Fest with proof of membership. Also, we have plenty of room for camping at the Ranch and invite you to arrive Friday night and stay the week-end. There is no fee for camping. Check out our Ranch at http://www.brokenspurranch.org/ and see photos of last year’s Fest.

Vendor members are always welcome to display their goods and accommodations can be provided with advance notice as we have numerous vendor locations available. I do not charge a vendor’s fee as this is mostly a giveback to the community (the other part is that I love this hobby and I like to play). 8)

Plans will be arranged for evening gatherings and possible bon-fires if members wish to arrive and camp for the week-end. The Fest is a great way to showcase your medieval attire. We sincerely look forward to you joining with us to celebrate and re-create the medieval period (if not, at least some of the atmosphere). We would appreciate advance notice of your attendance to make arrangements. Please PM me of your plans and needs.

We would be proud to welcome you to the 2nd Annual Medieval Fest at the Broken Spur Ranch. We are located in Northern New York.

Locating the Ranch is easy:

From the South take Rt. I-81 North to exit 49 and proceed right on Rt. 411 four miles to the Ranch.

From the North take Rt. I-81 South to exit 49 and proceed left on Rt. 411 four miles to the Ranch.

From the East/West find your way to Rt. I-81 and follow directions for North/South depending on your situation. :wink:

I'm probably camping at least Saturday night.

Also, Legion guys: I'm pretty sure I can get the owner to allow us to run a demo, so if that's a box you need to check off - let me know SOON.

Richard, you oughtta come camp for a night with me and bring the drum.

Dude is definitely down for a demo. Who wants to complete their challenge?