Sign in to follow this  
Olov Sebastev

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

I've been excited for this title for a while... but now that the demo is out, I'm really excited. Just curb stomped an slugga boy, decapitated a nob, and gunned down a horde of gretchin all while looking pimp in my blue and gold. This game is gunna rule co-op.

Yeah this game is going to be awesome, already pre-ordered it so I can be a Space Wolf Cause Ultra Marines are lame, and so are Black Templars. Also excited for the chaos chapters they picked, since I play Emperor's Children in 40k I' going to enjoy slaughtering people in the name of Slaanesh.

I can see why they did 3rd person. It's near impossible to do the melee stuff like they wanted with 3rd person. Give the demo a try, it's pretty fun.

Space Wolves are the f'in titties. I also preordered so I could roll as them.

There isn't much difference to the modern 3rd person and 1st person shooters nowadays, more-so on PC compared to consoles. The only difference now is that you can see your-self. The controls, Huds are pretty much Identical.

I was concerned at 1st playing a game like Dead-Space 2 on PC since it was a primary console game, but after playing I prefer it on PC since it still runs of WASD and mouse like all shooters.

And if you can't shoot things just because you can finally see your-self, unlike old FPS's of yore, you fail at gaming anyway :)

I dunno. I think I prefer 3rd person. After having played paintball for years, and using all my senses for my situation awareness, 1st person games just bug the shit out of me. I always end up feeling like I'm running around with my face attached to my gun by a brace and a box taped to my helmet like blinders on a horse.

While not perfect, it feels more natural to me if only for the wider view it gives.

Gears of War handles the 1st/3rd person view really well.

I tend not to like 3rd person views, since it sometimes dictates weird camera angles which make it difficult to play. The Prince of Persia games are the only ones that come to mind right now, but at least with a first person view you can control where you look & what you see.

Sweet deal. Just got the text message from Gamestop saying my pre-order copy would be available Tuesday.

Played the demo today. I'm so getting this when I can. So badass.

The game is pretty damn sweet. Jumping out of a thunderhawk and jump packing onto an orc ship to slaughter greenskins then riding the crashing ship into a city in the middle of an invasion is pretty sweet.

I tried the demo and was pretty unimpressed. It felt pretty "meh" to me, probably because the ranged weapons felt pretty useless.

Against orcs, the bolters are moderately useful. The melee is where you really feel like a space marine. The bolters tear apart regular enemies though.

The problem with the ranged weapons in the section of the game they used for the demo is that the orcs are in relative short distances. In other parts of the game they give you more room to maneuver and longer encounter distances, then the ranged weapons get much more useful. I hate the Vengeance Launcher with a passion, but the rest of the weapons operate pretty much as expected with expected results. The bolter is right in the middle in accuracy between the Stalker Bolter (slow rate of fire, but zooms and can snipe foes) and the Storm Bolter (can't hit shit at long range, but whooooo boy does it to a number up close).

Also, multiplayer = win. I love shooting up other marines.

It's a third person shooter with solo campaign and multiplayer pvp.

I couldn't even figure out what kind of weapon a vengeance launcher is supposed to be. From the ammo and RoF I figured either a shotgun or rocket launcher, but the only effect it seemed to have was waste time while orcs close to melee range.

It's a multiple plasma grenade launcher. You have to trigger the grenades with R1 or R2 depending on your button map. Also... regular grenades just work better.

Against my better judgement, I've bought this. I bought it at lunch and started the Steam download.

Can you LAN this?

Against my better judgement, I've bought this. I bought it at lunch and started the Steam download.

Can you LAN this?

No idea. I always get shooters for the 360.

Also, I wrapped up the single player campaign today. Pretty awesome stuff. Good story in line with the setting, very nice visuals, the levels where challenging without being tear your hair out and throw the controller at the wall in frustration hard. Over all, I'm satisfied with the money spent on it.

Also, the Vengeance launcher is a pile of crap. I ditched that flaming turd pile every chance I got. Lascannon and Meltagun got me through most of the game just fine.