ubergeek2012

Potion Bottles

As a matter of fact, does anyone want some of these? I'd like to pick some up, and if we pitch it for a bulk order the price drops from $0.60 to $0.19 per bottle. That's an order of 990 bottles for $188.10 though, and I don't need that many myself.

Might be worth buying them for the game, and selling them for a quarter each to players who need them. Normally we pay like $30 for a bag of 50 of them or something...

I'll jump on that order Bob. Drop me a PM when you're ready to order.

Might be worth buying them for the game, and selling them for a quarter each to players who need them. Normally we pay like $30 for a bag of 50 of them or something...

I know the last time i checked, logistics is out of potion bottles.

At this point, why don't we just assume that Logistics will buy them, and provide them as-needed to players for production. If, for some reason, a player needs a bunch of them for something, we'll sell them for 25 cents each.

oh, I wasn't reffering to us supplying potion makers. I for the idea that they need to supply their own. I'm talking about having potions as loot. Makes it hard to send out potions and poisons if they can't be stored.

At this point, why don't we just assume that Logistics will buy them, and provide them as-needed to players for production. If, for some reason, a player needs a bunch of them for something, we'll sell them for 25 cents each.

Strike that.

Upon further investigation (which means actually reading the bulk order page) it turns out that if you buy the 990 count deal they don't come with caps. Additionally, the caps are ignorantly expensive to buy separately (many times the cost of each bottle).

Logistics has purchased what we need to cover loot distribution for the coming months. If you are a player that produces potions or alchemy compounds, you need to purchase your own bottles. They're 48 for about $30, that's hardly unreasonable, and that will last you a good long while, unless you produce nothing but vast amounts of level 1 and 2 items. I had a bag for Adimo, and when he died I turned over a good third of the bag to Logistics as a donation - and Adimo produced a lot of stuff with 20 production.

If you do not wish to buy your own bottles, you may purchase them from Logistics for the price of $5 per half-dozen.

Also, please remember to return your empty potion bottles to Logistics. They belong to the game, not to you, and should be returned after use. Thanks for helping keep the game affordable. ;)

Bob, still want to go halfsies on an order?

What size order? I'm no longer feeling the need for 990, since it would cost $600+ with caps.

Let's talk about this tonight. I don't have a firm number in my head.

My game wraps up at 10:30 I think, so I'll see you there.

If you're buying your own, Logistics recommends that you do NOT buy the clear bottles. Instead, buy the blue, amber or green ones. If you buy the clear ones, you should somehow mark them as your own. Logistics will be buying only the clear bottles for use there, so to avoid unpleasant questioning from a logistics official about the origins of the clear bottles you have, just buy a different color.

Please and Thanks,

Logistics & Operations

I want to be part of the logistic's secret police that go around and break knee caps for not returning clear bottles.

I want to be part of the logistic's secret police that go around and break knee caps for not returning clear bottles.

"Secret"? You are not a discreet man when thugging on people.

Drew, Rick and I shall comprise the police force for discovering where said bottles come from. I would dare say you should buy a different color than clear or be prepared for the worst questioning EVAH!!

We don't need to break any knee caps. We're the ones that sign your XP. :)

Nobody bats an eye at the bottles we use now, i think test tubes wouldn't receive any negative attention either.

I'd say those should be fine, as long as you have a way to cap them. And, obviously, don't get ones with corporate logos on them.

I will warn you though that the bottles we are using now are preferred by many players because they gear that's physically crafted to hold those bottles.

the ones we use now are about 25mm diameter, just so ya know.

They do sell those too, but they are a bit more expenisve ($0.37/per on the 500 pack for----

http://www.testtubesonline.com/XL_Baby_Sod.../207-0035w.htm)

but caps are extra ($0.04/per on the 1000 pack for ---

http://www.testtubesonline.com/Caps_for_Ba.../210-0016w.htm)

***that works out to $406 before tax or shipping or whatever for 1000 bottles with caps. and they *should* fit the current size

That's significantly cheaper than the current bottles. I foresee Logistics buying those for future use - but that's a couple years off, as we just stocked up on the current ones.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.