Sign in to follow this  
SirLoganLockley

Great Turkey War II

date: Saturday, November 19th

time: 11:00am to 7:00pm

location: Ninety-Three Coffee House (7096 Canterbury Hill Road, Rome NY 13440)

cost: $5.00

The leaves on the trees around you are showing hints of color change. You think it is safe to travel. A branch snaps near you. You freeze in place hoping it’s nothing. Then the gobbling starts.

On the 19th of November you get to fight, feast, and even be a turkey. That’s right it’s time for The Great Turkey War II!

The feast is limited to 80 people and pre registration can be done thru paypal use mytho2@hotmail.com include real name, charater name, and realm please.

This year we will be awarding golden turkey medallions for the following:

• turkey shoot
  • longest travel time
  • funniest weapon
  • funniest field story
  • best death
  • best use of a turkey (garb, decor, etc)
  • outstanding noncom
  • best honor
  • kids best turkey gobble

We will also be raffling a medallion for charity. Please remember your own beverage, a dish to share, and feast gear. If you need a place to crash contact Dame Flora or Brodash.

I'm still on the fence for this one. Every time I want to go to a Lostwit event, something random happens. Like a hurricane. Maybe I'm bad juju to them or something.

I'll go if everyone else is. Last year we rolled this event. We could make it a tradition.

I'll go if everyone else is. Last year we rolled this event. We could make it a tradition.

Yes, yes we did! It was my first event. =)

OK, let's plan to show up for this one.

Please remember that Lostwithiel events generally include a potluck feast after, so please have feast gear, feast garb, and a dish to pass if you attend. Alternately, we can all bug out and grab dinner somewhere in Rome.

What's everyone want to do?

I will be there, and I like the bug out and get something elsewere idea.

I am also a fan of grabbing a cairnhold-only dinner elsewhere.

We could get some Thai food in Utica? the Lotus Garden or the place down the street of it has the best soups ever.

Aside from a taco smell, sadly no there has been talk that there should be one opening up soon but I've seen nothing yet, for quick easy food we have two dinner buffets, for inexpensive sit down style theres always applebees or friendlys and for Rome favorites such as riggies I recommend teddy's kind of a fancy smancy type place but great fuckin riggies, also we have your normal pizza places my personal favorite is Luigi's they make some crazy type of pizza's

We're in for Turkey War. We are bringing Daniel to this one, since Flora said there would be stuff for kids. Brodash, do we need to pre-pay for him too?

Brodash, the last I knew there wasn't a charge for kids for pretty much any Lostwithiel event.. as most of the kids that attend are still just too young over all. :D

I know, just letting you know for sure that there generally wasn't a price for kids.. unless they are old enough to partake in combat activities, unless that's changed. :rolleyes:

updating you all. the event fee is 5 dollars no prereg needed. the feast is bring a dish to share and feast gear to get in(its ok if you guys go elsewhere) Brodash is correct no charge for kids. i hope to see you all there!

If we are planning on making a presence, count me in.