Sign in to follow this  
Necrosis

Skull helmet

Any one here see Captain America, The First Avenger? Imagine Caps helmet painted white, ironically it would resemble a skull. Any one have ideas for a pattern for a Dagorhir legal skull helm with articulated (moves as you talk) lower jaw?

You do realize that the actual prop is most likely not made out of leather, right? It was most likely sculpted from clay, cast into plaster and has been either vacuum cast in a hard plastic or silicone?

I'm no leather worker, but I would think it would be huge pain in the ass to try to make one, seamless, piece.

I think those cuts going back from the eyes over the head are seams. The thing is three pieces - a band that runs over the top of the head, and two side pieces.

@ Schu, Thank you but i did realize that. I attended a special fx college and have made similar props, but for use in dagorhir it would have to be 3/16 leather to count as armor.

Damn it it would of looked awesome with few seams as possible. I'll have to try the 3 piece pattern then and risk it looking like a baseballXp

I started a white duct tape prototype of my skull helmet. Vasoline saved my eyebrows & a dorag saved my hair. Will post picks as soon at I figure out how to with DROID.

Already plotted the relief seams. All's I have to do is cut it, flatten & trace a pattern. With any luck by rag Necrosis have a badass new skull helm.