Sign in to follow this  
Julie

Ragnarok XXVII - June 17th-24th, 2012

From http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=24268.0 :D

Dagorhirrim,

Our website is up (www.dagorhirragnarok.com), and here is the official information about Ragnarok XXVII! I will be modifying this thread from time to time as new details become available.

Ragnarok will be held at Cooper's Lake Campground in Slippery Rock, PA, the week of June 17th-24th, 2012. The campground will be closed to mundanes for this week, giving us prime camping space which should allow for 50-75% of camps to have access to power hookups, and 100% of camps to have running water. There is no noise restriction / curfew. If you desire a camp in the quiet family area (no drumming or loud parties after 11PM) please indicate this in your registration.

Pre-Registration is available through June 1st. When registering, please indicate your character and unit name in your shipping information (billing information should be your mundane name and address).

New for this year is Saturday Pre-reg. The ONLY WAY you will be able to be on site Saturday is if you pre-register for Saturday. We will not be accepting any payment on site. Saturday Pre-reg is $60/adult and $40/minor. If you show up on Saturday and you have not pre-registered, you will be turned away until Registration opens Sunday. Please do not let this happen to you or your camp mates.

Standard pre-registration (Sunday arrival) will be $50 for adults (18 and over), and $30 for minors age 3-17. Under 3 is free, but still requires Rag Tags and waivers signed on site.

If you wait to pay on-site Sunday, the price is $55 adults, $35 minors. On Thursday June 16th at 6AM, the price drops to $35 adults, $20 minors. On Friday at 6AM, price drops to $30 / $15, and on Saturday the price is $20 / $10. No day passes are available.

There is a meal plan available. It will run 7 days, any two meals per day. Last year it was priced at $80.00, but this could change slightly for this year due to unstable market prices. More details will follow.

Merchant Registration can be handled by emailing Galadriel@dagorhir.com.

NO PETS are allowed at this event.

Minors are only allowed to be on site while their parent or permanent legal guardian is on site.

Personal motorized vehicles are prohibited, and no cars are allowed in camps.

No group is permitted to set up camp prior to noon on Saturday June 16th. We will hold our usual land grab (space allotted by total pre-reg, location by seniority) at that time. If your group does not have any people pre-registered to be on site Saturday, we will have staff on hand to allot your space when you arrive Sunday. We are opening new land in the 'Secluded Glen', the 'East Field', and the 'Back Yard'. Due to higher demand, most of the new space opened is in the quiet area. If you had issues with noise in your camp last year, let us know and we will find you space in the quiet area. The quiet zone runs north of the 18e/f and 19e/f power boxes.

Groups in the quiet area are expected to keep lower noise levels, be family friendly, and have no noise heard outside your own camp after 11PM.

The light for night fighting will be at the lakeview shower house location again this year. If the noise from the light generator or the light itself bothered your camp last year, let me know and we will find a suitable new location for you.

Additional amenities, rules and regulations will be found on the Ragnarok website, and I will answer questions on this thread when I able. I look forward to seeing you both on and off the field as we celebrate the 27th end of the world!

Regards,

Tannhauser

Oh yeah, forgot to post this here. :|

What people camping with the Legion need to know again this year:

1. Dan is again Camp Masta. He will need an advance party. Volunteer early, volunteer often. We are sending down as much shit as we can on Saturday.

2. Site fee for the Legion camp is $250 for the week. This is all inclusive (registration, booze, beer, food, gear transpo). If you are attending for less than the week, the site fee is $50 a day, and you pay your own registration.

3. We need to figure out the fucking transpo situation. We need a big-ass trailer and something to pull it.

I open the floor to discussion.

Do we just pay for an appropriate U-Haul?

Are we going to try to find a different space this year? Out previous spot is in a quiet area.

Once I get my tax refund, I will give monies =)

I will do advanced party again this year =)

Yes to all those things.

According to my widget, Rag is 166 days away. We need to have an advance meeting, and a number of other meetings as the time approaches.

I'd like to institute some changes for this year, and I'd like to have a better schedule so that if something like last year happens to the two primarchs, the Wights can still make sure everyone knows the camp rules Sunday night.

I'd also like to avoid a few behaviors from last year, which we can spell out when we meet. Perhaps we can steal an hour at Feb Feast?

-Bones

Good call. We did that last year too. After the auction again.

I'd also like to avoid a few behaviors from last year, which we can spell out when we meet.

I'll be good this year. :unsure:

I'll be good this year. :unsure:

Clearly the woman who cooks dinner for 30 people with a smile on her face and keeps the idiots in line is the problem.

OBVIOUSLY.

Clearly the woman who cooks dinner for 30 people with a smile on her face and keeps the idiots in line is the problem.

OBVIOUSLY.

You're very sweet. I'm looking forward to it again this year. :)

I'm down this year, once I lock in my 2 week vacation, I'll hand you a check (probably less than a month).

I will be there...with all my armor if everything goes right.

Like I said last year I will bring the fixings for my pulled pork this year as well as a dutch oven for other more sweet items (this will mean a camp fire on a night or 3)

I will be bringing a tent this year since I hope to have at least one female (if not 2) with me ;-)

I plan on being at Feb Feast but it is still up in the air since I removed a huge amount of stress from my life.

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

All meals get coordinated through Diana if you want any financial assistance.

I think an open fire in our camp is a bad idea.

Last year we had a grill with a burner, and a turkey fryer (mainly for boiling things)

What do you need to make that you can't do in that?

It's a Dutch Oven, it needs hot coals to work but I can manage with a small fire to make it work, Or even better I will get some natural chunk charcoal and make it work so none of you...umm...adults get burned.

I am not to worried about compensation but I will contact Diana to coordinate everything.