Sign in to follow this  
Kender

Tartarus Invictus - Playground Battle 2012

TI holds a battle yearly on a playground. It's a good time, and Cairnhold should convoy it out.

I've got to travel for work that weekend, but this is a great opportunity for you guys to knock the dust off your arms and get swinging!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

11:30am until 5:00pm

Hamburg Village Community Center, 107 Prospect Avenue, Hamburg, NY

Schedule:

Weapons check: 11:30 am

Warm ups: 12:00 pm

Main battle: 12:30 pm

Battle ends: 5pm latest

Costs: Gas money, stupid Thruway tolls...

Notes:

- Bring a small, minimum length blue/green weapon of some kind, and rocks if you own them. Bring extra if you have them.

- All battle numbers/time limits/kill counts can be adjusted based on fielding fighters.

Battles (No particular order)

Warm-Ups/Close-Out

Free-For-All, Two Man Teams, Two Teams - no resurrection, last team standing wins. No limits on equipment. Standard stuff.

Capture the Flag, But it's Over There!:

Two Flags - Each team will start at the center of the field, with the opposing team between them and their flag. Capture the enemies flag while holding your own. Return your flag to it's base while holding your own, score points! Infinite Resurrections. First team to score 3 points is declared the victor. If additional time remains, battle with be run again with teams switching field locations.

Short and Sweet:

Hold the Point battle, minimum length weapons only, Timed battle with infinite Resurrections (10 - 15 minutes based on attendance. Victory determined every 3 or 5 minutes)

- Bring your daggers, rocks, short maces, swords and clubs. Time for some close in fighting! No shields or arrows/javelins weapons are allowed, no armor/helmets count for the battle. Fighters can only be killed by a strike to the torso, or a rock to the head, no death from multiple limbs. As long as you can still wield a weapon, you're still in the fight! Rule Zero will be strictly enforced, unless it's funny. Funny is at the Herald's discretion.

They Just Keep Coming:

One sided Death Tax. Attacking team is armed with single blue weapons, Defending team is full gear. Defenders must score 50 kills in the shortest time possible. Both teams have infinite resurrection, but only counting the attacker deaths. Failure to continue to move forward for the attackers counts as a death (the guy behind you got impatient...). Once done, rest and switch attacker/defender. Shortest time wins.

Bring your good attitude and your willingness to inflict near-painful punishment on your fellow Dagohirrim! If we get outnumbered by the kids for some reason, there's a perfectly good field right next door.

This is a wooden playground and required climbing and squeezing and all kinds of fun things. Most places on the playground I can climb through, so it's not like it's too much squeezing, but it's a LOT of fun because of this. Definitely has a different feel to it.

I would be all over that if I had a ride up... I would love fighting in the small spaces. I think I would have a decent advantage lol.

Andrew and I are in. Odd's interested in meeting us and getting a ride there (chipping in by paying for gas/ tolls). Phil might have to work, which would leave 3 of us w/o a ride unless my car is fixed by then.

If people are going, I will go. I was going to go to Baltimore for a Magic Grand Prix event, but that's a 4-day thing and Ivan't getting tubes put in his ears on the 27th, so I can't do that now. :(

Consolation: I get to hit people instead.

Boss is on vacation that weekend, therefore I must work.

I'm also not doing this now. I was interested in this when it was 45 and sunny. No interest when it's six inches of show and 30.

Sorry guys, you'll have to find other transpo. I'm out on this one.

I posted this on the FB page but I thought I would put it up here too!

So who all is going tomorrow? I want to go but I really don't want to make the trip if not many legion aren't going so please sound off if your going!

It's a 3hour trip and about $70 in gas so I want to be sure it is worth the trip...

This was a fantastic time. Really enjoyed it.

Fighting on a wooden playground was a different and challenging experience. It was a bit more low key in some areas because of the safety issues with shield bashing and pushing involved with being on a wooden/metal structure. The weather was great as well. A bit chilly, but sunny and little to no wind. Only an inch or so of snow on the ground. I'd say we had about 20-25 people fighting throughout the day. It was certainly worth the drive out.