Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elrohir Amandil

Master Merchant

Guest Elrohir Amandil

ok, so I plan to use my Master Merchant skills and this naturally leads to a few questions. I'll try to outline my list of questions better than I usually do.

First, I intend to recycle my magic shirt assuming I don't sell it. So here are the questions based on that.

-What do I do with the prop? Will I have to retire the shirt so it is never seen again?

-If I need to retire the shirt and get a new one does it have to be noticeably different from the current shirt I'm wearing?

Next, I want to recycle multiple items to get a value that I want.

-If I want to get a little bit more money to reach a certain value that I'm looking for am I able to provide an amount of coin (up to a certain percentage of the items recycled) to reach that value?

-If I turn in a certain amount of items but I can't figure out a way to get the entire value translated into new items do I get a refund of coin for the difference?

-Would I be allowed to stagger my introduction of new props between different months or do I need to recycle the old props and introduce the new props in one transaction?

I think this is all of my questions. Thanks.

EDIT: Didn't realize I was in the wrong forum when I posted this. Whoops.

Usually, you hand the prop to Logistics, and it works out with Props & Atmosphere whether it's still a valid prop and what to do with it.

I don't think we're going to harsh on you for getting a new blue shirt, but you're going to have to explain that it's non-magical, a lot.

You cannot put in extra coin

You cannot cash out any coin, ever

You cannot wait and combine multiple months

You cannot get an IOU from Logistics

If you cash in a 10 craft point ornamenting item, it'll translate to 50 coin, so you can pretty much only get 4 craft points out of it, and the extra 10 coin is gone to your sources in the ether.

Master Merchant has Tradesman as a requirement, so you've got a trade, and Master Merchant acts as your contacts in the merchanting world giving you deals, or something to that effect. It's not -you- creating the item, and sometimes you get screwed.

Guest Elrohir Amandil

One last question: is the cap on items that you can receive 20 craft points or 24 craft points?

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Well the rules as stated on the February handout read: "There is no cap to this ability." So I wanted to clarify whether that means there is no limit to how much you can turn in and receive per event or if there is no limit of the value of the item you can get in return. Or both.

Kender will correct me if I'm this changed, but the discussion at the table had it so that we would allow normal items (20 CPs).

This is just like character retirement. It also makes the +4 CP special ability that characters who cap 2 crafting trees worth something.

You can cash in whatever, you can only cash out 20 cp max per item.

Can we move this from the Schools of Magic section to General skills?