Sign in to follow this  
NoMereButterfly

Juice fast

Alex and I are taking part in a ten-day juice fast, and I started a blog about it. Wish us luck!

Friend of mine did that a few months ago. He said the first few days were rough, until he found good blends of juices he could stomach. I can't remember how much weight he lost, but he said he felt fantastic afterwards. Good luck!

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Yup. I'm hoping that I can keep going with it after the initial 10 days. I have a lot of gut to lose...

There was a documentary about a guy who did the juice diet. Similar to Super Size Me. It was an interesting movie, the diet can be expensive since you have to buy a lot of produce to make a little juice. But there are plenty of recipes out there for people looking to fast or diet with juices, googling it should get you plenty of results.

It's called Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead. You can watch it on Hulu.

When Alex and I thought about how much we spend on our typical diet and factored in going out, it's not that huge of a difference, money-wise.

The recipes on "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" are foul. Yeah, I lost 20 pounds when I did this (just before leaving for India), but part of that was that I stopped eating anything after the 4th day. I was just drinking water.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

So, I will admit I have done zero research on fasting, and I am by no means a paragon of healthy behaviors, but it doesn't seem like the best way to achieve long term weight loss and healthy eating patterns. I would think your body would go into "I'm starving" mode and your metabolism would slow down.

Its really not meant for long-term weight loss. Its more of a "flush" of the garbage in your system. Like Rich I tried it but it became too expensive for me and couldnt find enough recipes I liked. Good luck tho I am sure the benefits will be worth it

What he said. Many cultures/religions engage in ritual fasting as a "cleansing" method of some sort. The truth is, our bodies are getting the vitamins and nutrients and even the calories they need to function through the juice. The cravings are easily read by our bodies as hunger when that's not necessarily what it is. By flushing the body of the junk we've put in it for a couple of days, the idea is that we overcome that false connection between craving and hunger and are able to adopt better eating habits afterward. For this reason, it's called a "reboot."

Sounds silly. Eat Meat and Drink Blood. :P

Everyone's been warned: clearly, Scotty is part vampire.

Also, AJ, you should consume bacon for us. All of the bacon we would eat, you must now eat. Do you accept this challenge?