Sign in to follow this  
Big Aeo

Albany Practices

A few of us are already part of the Novitas practices held at SUNY Albany.

I (Zombie Coccyx) want to head a practice for those who do Daggorhir.

I (proabably along with Jordan (Wight Ten Feets) since he's got seniority on me) will be holding it on a weekly basis for all those who wish to fight with us.

Unfortunately we have a shortage of practice weapons so we'll be holding a weapon building day before we begin.

Right now I have 2- 40" pvc pipes, some blue foam, plenty of duct/grip tape, some dap, and an attic.

What I need from people is names and what weapons they use. This way I can finalize a shopping list so we can build us some practice weapons.

I'd like to hold more formal practices where we can observe our technique and break our bad habits rather than just beating on one another. I'll elaborate when we're all together, but generally i'd like try to do drills together, build small teamwork skills (as we'll inevitably be too small a group to do anything else), work on our one vs many skills, and one v one sparring.

Here's the facebook page: Albany Dag Practices

I have a spear, dagger small shield, tower shield, and blue sword. We can make more if people want to try it out for a couple of weeks, after that we will help you on making your own weapon so we can use the extra ones we have for more new people.

Sam and I are both spear fighters.

Depending on what my work schedule is like once I start working up there, I may want to start coming to these anyway despite the fact that I'm not part of Dag. (So long as that's fine with you folks)

I will let you know when I know when work stuff is all finalized.

my schedule has been the suck of late. Ive missed every fight practice for months but when i do get back on track i am totally down for dag practices too. Ive wanted in on that for a while.