Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elrohir Amandil

Skeleton Garb Checklist

Guest Elrohir Amandil

I just want to make sure that I am on the right track to getting up to Skeleton status. After reviewing the requirements for ranking up it seems that additional garb requirements end at Skeleton. I'm going to post what I think I have and what I think I need. If I have understood things incorrectly or have additional requirements I'll update the list that I'm about to make with these requirements. I am going to bold things that I think I need.

Alex fighter garb:

Black boots

Black pants

Black tunic. Currently white

Black gambeson

Black tabard. Upgrades needed from that?

Arming cap of some kind. Links would be nice

A black hood to go over the shiny coif would be appropriate

I have 100 percent armor coverage assuming that nobody is offended that my greaves and bracers are brown. Shoulders and torso are covered by chainmail. Chain coif for head.

Good black belt. Still need Cairnhold buckle or something?

Green sword. Have blue but need green tip. Richard said he'd help out.

Padded shield. Currently receiving a lefty strapped core so padding is forthcoming

Any suggestions are welcomed

Alex feast garb:

Black boots

Black Pants

Black tunic. Currently white

Black surcoat of sexy

Black ring belt with metal pyramid studs that I think are cool. Need something different?

Um, what else do I need? Skull motif feastware or something?

Tabard or surcoat. Don't need both. Upgrade either with the patch that most of us have been using, or some other iron cross type thingamabob. Trim and stuff to make it all sexy-like.

I would say look at the pictures on the Legion website for inspiration, but we took it down :(

http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=162419&c=743875&i=241385513

You don't need any kind of skull motif feastware (although it would be pretty kickass). The stuff you use for Novitas is probably fine.

I don't think that brown bracers/greaves will be a problem, but that's ultimately up to the Primarchs.

Iron-Cross belt buckle is not required, but is also super-sexy. You should get one. The belt you have should suffice. You will get a Legion belt upon attaining skeleton rank anyways, stick your belt buckle on that and use it for fighting and feasting.

Black tunics are good. But honestly, if you have a black surcoat and full torso armor, your white tunics should be alright. For rag, the more garb, the better.

Now...I just gotta get my kit up to snuff as well tongue.gif

Black boots - good to go

Black pants - good to go

Black tunic. Currently white - really recommend a long black tunic. Dagorhir rules specify a crotch-length tunic as basic garb. Plus, the long tunic look is classic Dark Ages.

Black gambeson - good to go, but no real need to wear a hot cotton gambeson stuffed with poly filler on hot-ass days if you're just wearing chain. Bonus points if you do, but you'll be more comfortable without.

Black tabard. Upgrades needed from that? You should have a tabard or a surcoat with the iron cross on it. It doesn't need to be mono-black, you can incorporate your own heraldry on it if you wish. Extra sexy points if your shield and surcoat match, all knightly stylee and stuff.

Arming cap of some kind. Links would be nice. You just need to cover your hair and/or make an effort towards looking more undeady. Other options include a black do-rag, or a hood and mantle. Link: http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Padded_Arming_Cap_Black_29-AB2930.html

A black hood to go over the shiny coif would be appropriate. Yep. I dislike coifs alone, they were never worn that way. I recommend you get an actual helmet.

I have 100 percent armor coverage assuming that nobody is offended that my greaves and bracers are brown. Shoulders and torso are covered by chainmail. Chain coif for head. No one cares what color your armor is. What you have is great. For bonus sexy points, consider getting some leather pauldrons and attaching them to the chain.

Good black belt. Still need Cairnhold buckle or something? Nope, not necessary - but if you search eBay for "iron cross buckle" you'll find literally thousands of them. Pick one you like, don't pay more than $20 shipped.

Green sword. Have blue but need green tip. Richard said he'd help out. This is a ten minute fix.

Padded shield. Currently receiving a lefty strapped core so padding is forthcoming. Make a sexy cover with the patch to match your surcoat and you're baller.

Any suggestions are welcomed I really fucking love it when people put forth effort!

As far as feast wear and feast gear goes, no real requirements here. A lot of us wear our surcoats as part of our feast gear too, to "show the colors", as it were. Look at feast gear as your chance to "dress to impress". Wear all your little accessories, dingly-jangly bits, pimp hats, fancy boots and vests, all that sorta shit.

more garb the better. looks like you are on to a good start

I was looking at different patches and buckles.

This is the patch I found for the back of my surcoat

This is the patch that I have an extra of. If you want to order new ones though we seem to always find a use for them.

These patches are used for the wight rank I believe so I'd stay away from them. You should use something like this.

That would be fine. :)

The big patch should go on the front, not the back. Heraldry goes on the front of surcoats and tabards; they're not sports jerseys. :)

The smaller patch is verboten. That's a rank patch.

Buckle's cool.

You shouldn't buy this one off ebay. Buy directly from the seller, via the link I posted above. Same patch, same vendor, $5 cheaper.

Guest Elrohir Amandil

OK, patches, belt buckle, and arming cap are ordered. MK will have a tunic, surcoat, and hood ready in a couple months. Mike offered to get me a belt. Sword and shield will be taken care of some time in April. Looks like I will be all kitted out by summer.

Question: is iron cross trim good enough for battle garb, or do we need more?