Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

2012 Event Dates

As usual, these are the mandatory events for the Legion this year. "Mandatory" means that, for Skeleton rank and above, I expect a good excuse if you are not going, something on par with a death in the family or illness. Simply wanting to do something else that day is not acceptable, nor is not getting time off from work if it was at all possible. You're letting down the team - don't be that guy.

UBCON Mis-Judgement Day - April 14th, 2012 - Student Union, University at Buffalo - demo

Gates of Fire VI - Friday 4/27/12 - Sunday 4/29/12 - Pioneer Park in Somerset, PA. There is fighting from 4 PM - 8 PM on Friday, then on Saturday.

Iron Hills Clan presents: The Shattered Hand - May 12 , 2012 - North East, PA. This is an excellent event, best day event we go to, every year. I highly recommend you go!

Ragnarok XXVII - June 17-24, 2012 - Cooper's Lake Campground, Slippery Rock, PA - http://www.dagorhirragnarok.com

Badon Hill VII - September 20-23, 2012 - Pioneer Park in Somerset, PA. We usually go down Thursday night after work and fight Friday and Saturday.

Clash of Kings IV - October 12-14, 2012 - Vanderkamp, Cleveland, NY. Winterfell's campout event!

I'll post the rest of the Winterfell events as soon as Richard puts up the schedule...

I'm thinking that Alex and I can start making it to events around Badon Hill time. Unfortunately, I really don't know how viable the other events are at this time. I hope that won't give you guys the wrong impression about our participation.

Do what you can. I don't get terribly butthurt about people not showing up for events unless I know they were just being lazy. You know who you are.

So right now I just got a job and I'm kinda scared to ask for a bunch of days off right away. I've already asked for the 7th off for KoN but I'm kinda reluctant to ask for the 14th also. It's not that I'm unwilling to ask my manager, I'm asking if people would understand if my manager didn't give me the day off. Unless we're okay with me fighting after only (the car ride) hours of sleep. If I can get a SUPER SHORT morning shift and no one whines about my fighting spirit being only as much as I can muster, then that would be the best scenario.

Do what you have to do man. Hell, looks like I can't even make it to UBCon; my sister's put the party for our dad's 60th birthday on that day, and it's my ass if I miss it.

I really hope they start giving us Saturdays off...working 10 hour days 6 days a week is not fun!

Sadly we can't make UBcon either, as a last ditch effort to screw him over, Toys R Us is making Phil work next Saturday as his last day. :(

Screw them over in return! It's his last day, he can call in. What are they going to do, fire him? They can't if he gives sufficient notice!

Although actually, I can't make it to UBCon either, for the same reason I can't make Iron Hills.

Yeah, fuck them. He's under no obligation. Just don't show up.

Yeah, fuck them. He's under no obligation. Just don't show up.

I might be coming down with a case of the "Red Plague". *cough cough*

Dude, seriously, you will feel a lot better about yourself if you stand up and just tell them fucking NO this one last time. When I got hired at Total Solutions on a Friday, Bank of America seriously played like they expected me to come in that Saturday - after I'd just resigned without even giving them two weeks. One of the best feelings ever, just telling them flat-out NO and walking out. Like a boss.