Sign in to follow this  
Olov Sebastev

Double Dissipate?

So lets say a character is rolling with a friend. Bam, friend get dropped. You kill the baddie and realize that, whoops, you have no heals. Whats that noise? Kasvacks in the distance? Can't leave your friend behind. You toss your pal onto your shoulders and run back to town. On your way back to town, big old fatvack pops out and wants your hearts. You go to cast dissipate and then it hits you.

If you are carrying an unconscious player and cast dissipate, do they dissipate with you, or do you have to cast it on them first and then yourself?

you have to cast it on them first and then yourself

even if you are carrying them like a sack of potatoes, they are not, in fact, potatoes.

even if you are carrying them like a sack of potatoes, they

are not, in fact, potatoes.

What if they're reaaaalllly Irish?

What if they're reaaaalllly Irish?

Like, say, Neecy?

So if I'm reading this correctlym as long as the player is irish they equal potatoes and if being carried are subject to a single dissipate with the carrier... got it,

Also had a mental image of me carrying someone and dissipating... a six foot bellt flop on to solid ground most likely bwill not improve wounds.

That's the downside to dissipating someone who is bleeding out.

In ten minutes, they fall out of dissipate, having expired inside.

That's the downside to dissipating someone who is bleeding out.

In ten minutes, they fall out of dissipate, having expired inside.

Trust me, better to be dead and Dissipated then eaten by a kazvak.

But if I were bleeding out because I was just stabbed by a sword and my guts are falling out, I feel that i would be unable to stay still for 30 seconds. I would like to think that the blue fairy is tougher then I am but probably not. If I am dissapated when I am mortally wounded then you just wasted two mana and I got to have a dinner date with a kasvac

It works for me and not to be a dick cor, but looking at it from a meta-gaming point of view if dissipate didn't work as a banish when a character is bleeding out who's to say that the dying character wouldn't break it after 2 minutes or so on to gain an advantage.

If I am dissapated when I am mortally wounded then you just wasted two mana and I got to have a dinner date with a kasvac

Note to self... Because you will already be dead at the end of the spell might as well slit your throat then cast the spell on you. Problem solved :)

You don't stay dissipated because you're "Holding very still" you stay dissipated because it's freakin Magic.

It takes a lot of concentration to bring yourself out of a dissipate early, so you need to be non-torso-wounded, conscious, etc.

If you're not bleeding out but actually dead with the spark taken out, could your corpse be considered an object that's on the non dead person's body?

What if it were Steve Guile? He's basically as big as your average sack of potatoes.

thing is, it's Steve Guile, A: he doesn't have a pc. B: if he did, no one would bother carrying him to safety

thing is, it's Steve Guile, A: he doesn't have a pc. B: if he did, no one would bother carrying him to safety

LMFAO! Best answer ever...

Though, I might be tempted to drag him away from town and dissipate him just for fun.

Kiralenn would probably drag him to saftey by the nearest acessable limb.... but she can't cast dissipate anyhow.

8^P

error on the safe side and just take their heart with you, leave the body. :)

You could always cut off a finger and Reap your friend to save him; 2 if you're a high enough medium. That'd only be a 3 MP solution. =)