Jenica

People who dwell in Lodges or want to dwell in Lodges!

So, it seems like there's a lot of confusion about who gets to sleep in the Lodges and who wants to sleep in the Lodges and how many beds are in the Lodges... and then we had a grand total of 5 people sleeping in Confirmation in April. I'm betting there were easily 5 more people who would have *liked* heat, an indoor bathroom, and a refrigerator...

So clearly I'm not managing this as well as I could or should, and I can do better, I think. So here's what I'm thinking, and I'd like your feedback:

1. We had said that it was first-come, first-served, and until and unless you missed an event, you got the Lodge bed. I think that should hold true.

2. I have the lists of people who've been in the Lodges, and the lists of people who've attended each event.

3. I can make a new list of people who should still be on the first-come, first-served lists for the Lodges.

4. I can also go through the forums and find all the "I want a bed" and "waiting list" posts and see who's on those.

5. And then I'm figuring on posting up a "we have X beds available, who wants 'em?" thread. It would still be first-come, but if you say "ME!" and are on one of the previous waiting lists, then you get priority over someone totally new. I will also take into consideration legitimate physical or health concerns.

What do you think? Sound fair enough? Can you think of a better way?

I shall rename Microsoft Excel to Microsoft Jenica and the Universe shall rejoice in the Truth of things.

Oh, and I could probably also help out if there are people currently in lodges who want to switch to the other lodge, if that's a thing.

As long as the people currently "in" the lodges get to stay, any kind of management is good.

"In" being defined as "Slept in the lodges for most of the last few games"

ok. I left my macbook at work, and that's where I've got all this stuff started, but tomorrow sometime I'll post up what I think are our current lists of inhabitants. Y'all can check me and offer commentary then, and after those lists are firm, I'll post up for empty beds.

Maybe the easy way to handle this is to raise the extra cost for sleeping in a heated lodge by another $5. That might reduce the demand (and boost the budget).

We don't need another cost increase. Money's fine for now.

Personally, I'd not like to require people to post here to get a bed. I'd rather you put up a thread to make people currently in lodges RSVP to keep their slot by, say, Thursday before game. Then at Logistics, you know how many open beds there are, and dole them out to the first X people who ask for them.

Some people have limited forum access. I'd rather give all attendees an equal try at them. You really want a bed? Get there early and get in line for Logistics. On the other hand, that disadvantages people who live far away and can't ditch work a couple hours early on game Fridays.

Shit, whatever. I'm sleeping in the downstairs bedroom of Resurrection lodge, and I ain't missed a game in eight years, so I'm not worried.

Dave, that neatly summarizes my concerns, yes. :) I didn't come up with a better solution, either...

Well friday night after shift you could just have people who want the heated cabin to fight in bloodsport for our amusement until the beds are filled.

Brilliance!

Pssh... lodge-dwellers.

I sleep in my cabin with the screen windows wide open, a tshirt, and a sleeping bag that's not even rated for winter weather. In December. If we have a heater, I make sure it runs out of fuel halfway through the night

Cuz' that's how I ROLL. Tuff' KoN fo' lyfe!

If you're not waking up with frostbite and black lungs on a winter morning, you're doing it wrong.

I forgot that it's Burning Wheel night, so i'm not gonna get to this until tomorrow, earliest. If anyone has a moment of brilliance before I get around to making lists, please post them up. (NOTE: suggesting we all sleep on the ground with no blankets because it's more realistic will not be considered a brilliant idea, though I'd love to see someone do it...)

Pssh... lodge-dwellers.

I sleep in my cabin with the screen windows wide open, a tshirt, and a sleeping bag that's not even rated for winter weather. In December. If we have a heater, I make sure it runs out of fuel halfway through the night

Cuz' that's how I ROLL. Tuff' KoN fo' lyfe!

You start sleeping on a tarp wrapped in two wool blankets, next to a campfire in a field, then wake up at 3 AM one morning to a light rain and give up one blanket to cover your armor, because it's on the ground next to you and more important than you, and we can start comparing hardcore LARPer stories. :)

I did this for a year at Adventures in Mid-Land.

I believe that these are the people who have dibs on Lodge beds and have not missed an event since the last list was made up, and/or claimed beds that were abandoned in April, thus getting themselves onto the list.

Long-Term Residents

Resurrection:

1. Dave H.
  2. Dan M.
  3. Dave M.
  4. Scott C.
  5. Alex D./Amanda
  6. Bryan G./Lauren
  7. Nick
  8. Chris T.
  9. Susie
  10. Lew
  11. Bill A.
  12. Katie
  13. Kevin
  14. Tony R.

Confirmation:

1. Prime
  2. Leslie
  3. JC
  4. Jenica
  5. Pat
  6. Kerrie

FIRST STEP:

Correcting these lists. If you are not on this list but believe you should be listed as a Lodge-dweller because you either 1) did not miss any events and have been sleeping in a Lodge or 2) claimed an empty bunk in April and want to keep it, please post here.

I would like to wrap this up this week, so if you're not on this list, please post up by Friday or lose your bunk. I will then begin taking requests for May bunks, and (probably?) post a list in Logistics at sign-in.

Katie and I have been sleeping in Resurrection since people first started sleeping in there, but we missed one event last December. We claimed empty bunks in April and would like to continue sleeping there.

I Reclaimed my bunk in Resurrectionin April. I've only missed on event last December which made me lose my spot (But I understand nobody took it?) Anyways, I want to ensure I still have it :)

Edit: Also, it seems your missing "Bill Alferi" Who hasn't missed an event sense he started sleeping there.

I Reclaimed my bunk in Resurrectionin April. I've only missed on event last December which made me lose my spot (But I understand nobody took it?) Anyways, I want to ensure I still have it :)

Edit: Also, it seems your missing "Bill Alferi" Who hasn't missed an event sense he started sleeping there.

Good catch, Tony, he was on my list and I lost him... fixed.

So, the feedback I got here plus the sign in sheet = more people who say they have bunks in Resurrection than we have actual bunks in Resurrection. Are some of you regularly sleeping on couches or cots? Sharing beds? Are there actually more than 15 beds?

Someone please to explain?

I'm not sure if the number of beds counts for full sized bed? Seri and I share a full, if that helps at all.

I'm not sure if the number of beds counts for full sized bed? Seri and I share a full, if that helps at all.

that does help! Now we're only one bed off. :)

I assume that a full-sized bed counts as one person, because whoever gets there first takes what they want, and sometimes people want to sprawl. Who am I to judge? ;)

Alex and I share a full. We alternate big spoon and little spoon. I assume that's important to your notes.