Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Forum Rules & Literacy

When each of you registered here, you agreed to the following:

In order to proceed, you must agree to the following:

Forum Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. By registering on this forum, you agree to abide by them.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post illegal things.

You agree that this is not an anonymous internet board. You are required to provide certain pieces of information about yourself, including date of birth, real-life location, and your first name. Failure to provide this information may result in your forum profile being deleted.

You agree that no discussion of real-world politics or religions is permitted on these forums. They are not pertinent to the discussion of Kingdoms of Novitas, Live Action Role Playing as a whole, gaming in general, or any other aspect of these forums.

You agree that you will, within 60 minutes of registering on these forums, make one post in the General Discussion forum to introduce yourself. Accounts with a postcount of zero will be periodically purged.

Please pay particular attention to the section above in boldface text.

This is not optional. I realize that many of you reflexively click "agree" when presented with these sorts of things, but that does not make your agreement any less real. All people registered on these forums are required to fill in their profile as completely as possible. If you have a legitimate reason that you cannot do so, please contact a KoN staff member and communicate this reason to them.

These forums are here for the use of the players of Kingdoms of Novitas. They are not an anonymous internet discussion board; we all know each other in real life (with a few exceptions, such as out-of-state vendors, etc.). For you to talk here without filling in your age, name, location, etc. is like you coming to a party with a nametag and a hood over your head. Everyone else feels like we're talking to a big nothing.

Please fill out your profiles as fully and completely as you are able to. I, and other staff members, have been posting reminders in profiles that have no information. If your profile receives more than a couple of these reminders, your warn level will be increased. If it is increased beyond a certain point, your profile will be deleted, causing you to need to re-register.

Please, fill in your profiles.

Please.

Please take the time to spell-check your posts.

Please take the time to at least re-read what you intend to post once.

Please take note of the structure used by some of the other players when making IC posts.

Please spell-check your IC posts.

I'm done now. Thank you for your time and consideration.

He's got a point. There are times I want to attack my monitor with a red pen.

Just type your damned words out. Everytime I see someone type "u" instead of you or "ur" instead of your/you're (let alone a monstrosity like "ne1" instead of anyone) not only do I want to choke the living shit out of them, I also assume from then on that I'm talking to one of the mentally retarded. This carries over to when I meet you in person.

Speak English, in complete sentences, or most of the GMs will just assume you're an idiot. Anything posted in txtspk is pretty much immediately ignored.

This is a point of courtesy. I just would like posters to be considerate of the people who are trying to read their posts. For the small amount of time it saves for you to write poorly, it takes 50 people a small amount of time to decipher it.

Please be more considerate. Thank you.

I agree with JC; I can't stand deciphering posts so I can actually read them. It has to do with common courtesy. I'm not saying that it needs to be perfect, I mean my grammar definitely isn't. I'm just saying that it doesn't take long to reread a post, use spellcheck and remember that this symbol * . * makes everything easier to read.

This is a bump for new people, and for old people with new accounts here. If I do not immediately know who a profile belongs to when I look at it, it will likely be deleted. If you're making a second profile for a PC, I highly suggest you fill in as much pertinent, non-mysterious information as you can. Putting a picture in the profile helps a ton.

Please double-check your profiles for completeness and accuracy, because it's about time for another purging.

Thanks.

Please double-check your profiles for completeness and accuracy, because it's about time for another purging.

Thanks.

This is happening soon. Update your profiles.

Another bump! Fill in your profiles please, or you're going to be deleted. Thanks!

Matter of fact, this weekend, we will begin purging all accounts with a postcount of zero.

Post or gtfo.

Deletions incoming. You have an hour or two to make posts on accounts with zero, after that they go bye-bye.

Thanks for the heads-up, I am a rookie and will be sure to put up a pic, a post and a profile!

-Daniel Young

Just wanted to mention that I haven't wanted to choke anyone for spelling or grammar here in quite some time.

Thank you all very much.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this