Sign in to follow this  
James

Throwing two tag bags simultaneously with different hands

If a spell is cast that creates two darts, can the caster throw both at the same time at the same target? Ie, cast slaying swarm, throw two tag bags at a bog lurker, call 4 magic slay twice, deal 8 magic slay damage? Seems similar to swinging two swords that connect at the same time, but not sure

That's a no. Unless you're using spellburst, you need to throw them independantly.

If one is in the left hand and one is in the right, is that still true?

Throwing one in each hand sounds kosher to me. I think Dan should answer that one to give you a definitive yay or nay.

One in each hand is kosher.

Disregarding spellburst, the rule is one tagbag, one throw. If you're cool enough to throw one from each hand at a time, that means theres nothing else in your hand. No shield, no sword, no staff. So you're fine doing it.

It's also a self limiting thing, since most players cant hit with their off hand.

Gotcha. Sounds like a good time to make sure I have somewhere to sheath the weapon!

Also, I know the rules say you must incant loudly. They also say that certain spells will create darts that last a minute. Is it against the spirit of the rules to, say, incant loudly, run 30 seconds away from where you incanted, and Zap people who didn't hear you incant? Just want to make sure I don't do anything cheesy, but I also like to be...creative :)

Thanks for the help, Dan!

That is following the letter of the rules so I see no issue. Not cheesy... devious.

Yes. Incanting loudly and then moving quickly towards your target is just fine. You'll often see players cast spells outside the inn, then go inside and toss spackets.

Sheath, yes. Or just drop it if you're shooting spackets with both hands

Also, I know the rules say you must incant loudly. They also say that certain spells will create darts that last a minute. Is it against the spirit of the rules to, say, incant loudly, run 30 seconds away from where you incanted, and Zap people who didn't hear you incant? Just want to make sure I don't do anything cheesy, but I also like to be...creative :)

You should make sure that you're heard by someone. You incant in the middle of the field, away from everyone, and then sprint to town throwing tag bags. That seems a bit too much like twisting the rule.

You should make sure that you're heard by someone. You shouldn't incant in the middle of the field, away from everyone, and then sprint to town throwing tag bags. That seems a bit too much like twisting the rule.

The only hard part about this situation would be getting all the spackets out of your hand within 60 seconds of finishing your incant.

I've seen people step inside the inn, incant, walk outside the inn, and then hit someone with a dart. Also just because you incant at the proper volume it does not mean the target has to hear you. I've stood there and incanted with people I didn't want to hear me casting standing about 10 feet away, getting talked at loudly to distract them by other people. So the idea of casting elsewhere and then traveling a ways before tossing your spell is totally ok and has been done before.

You should make sure that you're heard by someone. You incant in the middle of the field, away from everyone, and then sprint to town throwing tag bags. That seems a bit too much like twisting the rule.

If a PC casts a spell in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a spacket? huh.gif

Say now, here's a good question. Is it permissible to hold the charge on two spells at the same time, one in each hand? Say you incant, cast pin, and the dart appears in your left hand. Then you incant, cast curse, and the spacket appears in your right hand. Then you let them both fly. Pin! Curse!

I don't think it's against any rules, at least not yet.

as long as you stick to the other rules, 60 seconds, one spell per hand at a time, etc.

Can you incant multiple spells (say, Pin three times) without grabbing the spackets, and then rapid fire them later (within the 60 seconds)?

I don't believe you can because you need to show that you have conjured magic.

Can you incant multiple spells (say, Pin three times) without grabbing the spackets, and then rapid fire them later (within the 60 seconds)?

But with the "both handed throwing" ruling, why couldn't I incant Pin once for my left hand and Curse once for my right?

But with the "both handed throwing" ruling, why couldn't I incant Pin once for my left hand and Curse once for my right?

I don't see a problem with that at all. The tricky bit is requiring an open hand. Min/Max Dan reminds me that it could be a Mageblade in each hand.

I don't see any problems with any of this.

Thats exactly my example.

Looking at it from the perspective of someone whose job is to identify potential abuse:

Two Mageblades, one for each hand, and a casting of Devastation for each. No need to draw the spackets. 8 hits of 4 Magic Slay Strike.

Still seem reasonable?

On the one hand that's 10 power right there (8 for a master), and the damage only goes off on legal hits, and the fact that for every hit you have to say "4 magic slay strike," which is in my opinion the worst call ever...

On the other hand that's two PC's with full plate and Abomination with buffs up that you just blew through like tissue paper...

Cost is important, no joke. I'm trying to point out rate of fire in this example.

Rate of fire does seem to be limited by how fast you can say "4 magic slay strike", like Al suggested. I'd be more weary of tagbags.