Sign in to follow this  
Ashlin Burnheart

Poison Vs Consumables

Does spirit shield activate when a person is force fed a consumable such as Essence of Youth or Madweed.

*I am not sure if Madweed is considered a poison.

They aren't considered poisons.

K and one last thing, i have a few vials of madweed, does it really make the person who drinks it attack anyone around? Cause there are a few new people who could use the damage boost, but i don't want them to attack their own team.

Well, wait on a rules call for the first questions. But Madweed, unless it is turned into madweed extract, will cause anyone who drinks it to become berserk. So your answer is yes.

Thats a good point, i have the extract. i guess i need to go hunting for raw madweed =]

Being force fed a poison would activate your defenses just like getting hit by a spacket.

You can't -not- have your defenses activate.

I did not think madweed and essence of youth would fall under the category of "poison" as they do not effectively harm your body themselves. Either way, that isn't my call and such.

They are not poisons. It would specifically mention it in the description on the consumable as well as the skill requires. I was able to trick Ivan into drinking a youth potion since he thought it was a poison.

Thats what I thought.

If you go berserk, can you at least choose to attack your enemys before your allies, assuming they are both present at roughly the same range?

If you go berserk, can you at least choose to attack your enemys before your allies, assuming they are both present at roughly the same range?

As far as I know, we've always roleplayed that you attack the closest visible person(s) to you.

As long as the friend and foe are about the same distance, I don't think it'd be an issue. Although I think in the case of Berserk, I would personally just attack everyone without reach and not just a single target to really RP the berserk effect.

More then likely your friend would either back up or you'd end up swinging at them both. You cannot choose.

While we are on the subject would disengage, charm, fear, and or dominate have an effect on this character?

I would assume all would work, except for charm.

Berserk causes you to attack friends, so making them your friend wouldn't seem to work in my mind.

I agree with Falco on that one. Charm seems like it is the only one that WONT work.

While we're sidetracked, I'd like to note that Berserk would be an awesome Compulsion spell.

That is all.

When in doubt, err on the side of the personally inconvenient. It's easier to avoid the perception of meta-gaming for personal advantage that way. Better for the game environment as a whole, IMO.