Sign in to follow this  
Coroth

Harvest Festival 2012

The annual Pinedale Harvest Festival will soon be on us with the shift in the schedule for next game (September 28-29). The 2nd shift (Saturday 10-4) will be an all PC shift, with no GM plot provided during that time. Any player who does not currently have a PC is more than welcome to create a lvl 1 persona to participate in the events of the day or to man the Inn (Please speak with Octavius about inn stuff) It is traditional for PC parties and/or individuals to hold various contest of skill, sport or chance during the festival so please start forming ideas if you haven't already started. If your event would like a game provided reward ( a buff, magic item ect) please send your proposal to Kender for approval as soon as possible.

Ivan will run the archery contest again this year. :)

H-O-R-S-E!

Will you permit crossbows? Or is that cheating?

I will be running a Fighters tournament, run by Octavius.

I would really appreciate if anyone who plans on bringing food, drink, etc, to tell me so I can coordinate everyone's efforts.

Teridan will of course be providing ALL KINDS of games to play. I intend to have my entire abstract strategy game collection there (Gobblet, Quixo, Quoridor, etc.)

Would players here be more interested in an all-shift abstract strategy game tournament for a prize, or just a bunch of gambling games available? Would people prefer a poker-like tournament?

inb4 shut-the-box tournament.

Hint: This would be a GREAT opportunity for players to get to know my games a little more, as I am trying to infuse something new into our world. I have been specifically collecting these games, which all take under 15 minutes to play TOPS, for Novitas.

I'll come as early as I can Saturday to be available for the Inn and to participate in the festivities. Maybe not promptly at 10, but before noon, I'm certain.

Will you permit crossbows? Or is that cheating?

I think you have to shoot it one-handed. :)

I think you have to shoot it one-handed. :)

Mmm. I guess my response then will be: Happy to lose to you, sir!

What if I tell you I'm confident I could still win if I had to shoot a crossbow 1-handed? :)

The brave companions will be hosting the 1st annual "Impress us or get off our porch" contest. In which contests need to impress us with some type of talent or skill, or get off our porch. An additional pie eating contest may also be held!

The brave companions will be hosting the 1st annual "Impress us or get off our porch" contest. In which contests need to impress us with some type of talent or skill, or get off our porch. An additional pie eating contest may also be held!

So basically it's "Pinedale's got talent"

If they don't, then they'd better get the hell off our porch! tongue.gif

You don't have a fucking porch?

*World Shattered*

:(

And we thought we only had to deal with imperialism from outside of the freelands...

yeah yeah, Azgar is duke of the far cabins remember? I own that empty cabin! =)though I feel like "Get off our lawn" would be a better tag

I love you guys.