thunderstave

Diagnosis

You could maybe get away with casting it down the path or outside of the Inn and then getting to the target in under a minute, but once you touch them, they get the option to notice your spell.

If they don't hear the incant, they would prolly be better off assuming they don't know the effect.

I thought this one minute timer only applied to the duration of tag bags and spellstriking charges.

I thought this one minute timer only applied to the duration of tag bags and spellstriking charges.

I guess I'm a cheater.

Diagnosis

Type: Restoration

Level: 1

Duration: instant

Range: touch

Dispel: n/a

This is according to 3.0 The spell isn't listed in the 4.0 rules on my first search.

Pretty sure the 1 min timer is applied universally. Wouldn't make much sense not to do it that way.

That's what I thought, too, but I can't find it in the rules. And, Zach, this thread started because Diagnosis is missing from 4.0 entirely for no actual reason, and I was demanding to know precisely what it DOES. :D

Hivemind is a big fat cheater.

I teach my refs 1 minute, but it only specifically refers to spackets and striking in the version I've be chipping away at. Thinking that will get a change note recommendation.

I teach my refs 1 minute, but it only specifically refers to spackets and striking in the version I've be chipping away at. Thinking that will get a change note recommendation.

If this is going to be a thing for touch spells, make sure to make it clear that it clears at convergence. I don't want anyone to get he idea that you can cast a level 5 buff spell right before convergence and then apply it right after it passes. With tag bags it never mattered because the tag bags wouldn't last more than a few seconds into the new game day, but it's an issue when the spell's effect can last as a long term buff.