Sign in to follow this  
TheAuthorOfOZ

Looting Spellstored weapons

If you drop, and you have a mundane weapon with a spellstore on it, can someone loot the weapon and use the spell? Does the person looting you "know" what spell is in the weapon? Is the downed character required to tell the looter "this spell is in the weapon?"

Seems like you wouldn't know what spell was in there unless you were told beforehand, or could ID magic... this happened with Vany'a and I when we were out together... she was mortally wounded, and had told me earlier she had a heal mortal wound in her sword. So I looted it, and healed her mortal wound. Our assumption was that the spell was in the weapon itself, and had nothing to do with whoever was wielding it. But yeah, I think that you'd notice the blue glow, but have no clue what was inside without an ID magic.

I think i would say this falls under the "if you can use it, you know what it is" clause of consumables. You can't run off with someone's spellstored but un-numbered weapon, but I think if you handle it you can tell what's in it and can use it.

Ok so by that ruling the looted person would be required to tell the looter that "this weapon has this spell in it," and thus an NPC bad guy could blow a PCs spellstore if they wanted to.

Ah, that makes sense. Pretty cool. Glad to NPC looted my staff and dominated anyone Saturday night, then :)