Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

NOVEMBER = "FREE DONATIONS"

As always, November is the one month where Props and Atmosphere staff will accept ANY vaguely useful item purchased at the after Halloween closeout sales, without needing a specific request from P&A personnel. Masks, body parts, costumes, and so forth are all gratefully accepted. Save your receipts and you will be given 1 XP per $10 spent. Particularly good finds or excellent purchases might receive additional discretionary XP.

If you can get to them, hit those Halloween store on Thursday morning!

Since people were asking...

In general this is what we are looking for in regards to mask donations:

- Multiples of the same mask (even if it doesn't fit a monster that we have, if we have multiples we can create a monster for it!)

- Latex, not hard plastic (it breaks down more quickly)

- Decent field of vision or ability to modify the mask to make it decent

- Nothing easily identifiable as a character from popular culture (i.e. Bane, Predator, Jake Sully, etc.)

Here are some things that we would like people to look for when shopping:

- Bug masks (should fit the above criteria please - alien masks could work if they look bug-like enough)

- Animal masks (Cow, bear, frog, deer, bird, etc - can be a single mask - should not be "hokey" looking if possible)

- Horns (should fit the above criteria please)

- Squid fingers (this will make hivemind reeeeaaaally happy) or other "deformities"

- Plastic chains

- Severed body parts

- Any other prop type thing that is cool and would fit in our setting

Thanks again and happy shopping!

Where's a good place to get Elf Ears and such? For relatively cheap.

I noticed we had some trouble Friday Night finding all of our elf stuff, so it might be handy to have a few more of those lying around.

Also;

http://www.frightcatalog.com/carnivore-mask-1043043/ < -- I love this mask for some reason. LoL

Open donation month. If you come up with four or more of a mask, and it's a good mask, we'll make a monster to use it. No reasonable donation turned away.

Where's a good place to get Elf Ears and such? For relatively cheap.

I noticed we had some trouble Friday Night finding all of our elf stuff, so it might be handy to have a few more of those lying around.

This was mentioned to me last event. I believe we have about half a dozen unopened elf ears in the kit. I'll double check with Amanda though.

The plot group is looking for body parts! In your donation shopping please be on the look out for severed fingers, hands, ears ect- things that are relatively portable not so much entire arms and heads.

Hey folks - I was going to go ahead and get some masks, but want to make sure I'm getting something good/usable. Here is the site I am looking: http://specter-studios.com/cart/masks/half-masks?sort=20a&page=1 Was thinking either the "bat demon" half mask, or the fly half mask... but happy to get 4 of any of the ones in those list (or anywhere, if the budget is $100-$120). Thanks for any help.

The fly ones were exactly what we had in mind for new waspoid masks. I'm sure we could use the bat/demon ones for some of the new monsters that are rolling out next season. Whichever you prefer is a big thumbs up from P&A. smile.gif

Perfect, thank you MK and Chris!

The T-Rex mask might let us get Saurials in play. Mask and ogre shoulders with an oversized tabard?

The T-Rex mask might let us get Saurials in play. Mask and ogre shoulders with an oversized tabard?

I 100% approve of new waspoid masks! Also new masks for Yebbs would be great :D

I am in slight financial difficulty and cannot assist in this endeavor.