hivemind

Dagorhir at Vanderkamp - NPCs Needed!

The Legion is having a 3-day Dagorhir event at Vanderkamp over Memorial Day weekend in 2013. This is not the typical overgrown fighter practice style Dag event, rather, it will be run much more like a KoN event, with encounters in the woods, NPCs, and so forth, with an expectation that players will strive to remain in-character for the duration.

However, we're not going so far as to require them to actually NPC, so we need NPCs! We have combat and non-combat RP roles available. No previous Dagorhir experience is necessary for fighting roles. The event is free for any KoN player willing to NPC for the weekend. All of the Legion folks will also be full-time NPCing with you, so there's plenty of help and experience available.

If you're interested, please let me know - and save the date! We're conservatively expecting 150 players, optimistically twice that.

Will weapons and gear be available??

I'd definitely be interested in helping out, if I can get the time off... It's hard to predict my schedule that far in advance.

NPC! Hell, 2013 memorial day I might even be in fighting condition. Regardless, count me in.

I'm in.

We're interested. :)

I think this is great. Regardless of whether or not we get to come help, I'm really glad you get to do this.

Really cool! I didn't realize this was the theme. Unless I am away on vacation, I will certainly come out.

Out of curiosity, will this be on Dag's fighting system? Any magic, tagbags, anything else? Psyched to see everyone an extra time :)

James

That slips in right between two business trips. Rock.

I will gladly either NPC as Chick-In-Corset, or I'll help you run the logistical stuffs.

"I will gladly either NPC as Chick-In-Corset, or I'll help you run the logistical stuffs."

No, this might be my only chance to see all the marshals and 2nds out in Orc wigs :(

*laughs* challenge accepted, sir. :P

Yesssssssssssssssssss, I am so there.

If people are not interested in fighting (which is fine, and you will not be mocked for this. Much.) then we have some loaner gear. If you're not, that's totally acceptable, and we have lots of need for NPCs. Many of these will be a single, weekend-long role that you can get into and stay in for the entire game. This will be particularly helpful because right now, the plan is to have this event take place in Novitas, with two factions fighting each other in service to different lords. No specifics yet, but thoughts are running towards something like the "good guys" fighting in service to an Evenandran Elflord, and the "bad guys" fighting in service to a Vleanoan Count (actually a Nosferatu), over some sort of noble dispute - territory, honor, money, all those sorts of things. Having people for the main NPCs that already know all about the world lore will be incredibly convenient and helpful.

The fighting will be Dagorhir Winterfell rules, however, we'll be adding in some as-yet-undetermined amount of magic and consumables and items. What's a medieval fantasy adventure without loot, after all? Our challenge (from the view of the event planners) is to make it still feel like Dagorhir, but more. Dagorhir+, if you will.

I'm going to try to mnake it up, hopefully it will be a chance to finally get some dag fighting in.

I would be happy to come bard it up. Is it possible for me to sleep in some building that has a bathroom? I am willing to sleep on the floor for the privilege of plumbing if need be.

Staff NPCs are welcome to crash in Fellowship, or you can pay extra for a lodge slot.

yes

I will be happy to pay for a lodge slot if one is open otherwise I will be happy to sleep in logistics. How do I sign up for one?

First come, first served at sign-in.

I think there will be plenty of beds.

Yes

I have reserved my days off for this months ago. I am pumped to see sowerwine bring theer RP A-Game.