Sign in to follow this  
James

Dispel questions

Does dispel magic dispel all of a PCs buffs if the tag bag is blocked by an enchanted shield?

Does dispel work against anti-magic aura?

Dispel goes through enchant shield and takes away all buffs.

The only stuff that stop a Dispel now adays, are Anti-Magic-Aura and Ethereal Sealant (sp?).

Ethereal Sealant makes it irrelevant, because you can't have any buffs up anyways.

Ethereal Sealant does not negate spells on weapons like Wraithbane and Spellstore.

Are they wiped by a Dispel effecting a player carrying them or are they loopholed?

Ethereal Sealant does not negate spells on weapons like Wraithbane and Spellstore.

Are they wiped by a Dispel effecting a player carrying them or are they loopholed?

I was under the impression, that only the spells on the actual player are what's dispelled....

It has been, but creates an annoying inconsistency in that you would need to hit the weapon to dispel it.

In other words there is a case that can be made for the case (however unlikely) a enchanted weapons would take the dispel if hit. "Parrying" that particular effect, as it were.

If considered separate entities, that's a reasonable assertion.

Better, I think, that the Dispel also effect weapons carried.

Dispel hits everything on you, or on your equipment.

I'm not sure of the interaction between ethereal sealant, weapon enchantments, and dispel. I'll get back to you on this.

If considered separate entities, that's a reasonable assertion.

Better, I think, that the Dispel also effect weapons carried.

The only thing I think (roleplaying wise), was that Dispel has a target. Your weapon is not apart of you.

Theoretically, If dispel channels through you, and dispels all things you have control of (weapons), than someone could dispel a building and that would dispel everyone whos touching a part of it.

Your larp physics is wrong. For the same reason that dispelling a sanctuary doesn't dispel everyone in it.

Sooo since dispel hits your things too and turns off the magic in them for ten minutes... Would that mean that a master's staff loses its mojo too? Would it no longer function as a master's staff and channel one's spells at lower cost or is that not the magic part and I have it all wrong?

Since Dispel hits all your equipment, that gets rid of any Spellstores on weapons. Does that also mean the spells contained in those weapons are lost?

Yes. What exactly are you asking? Spells stored via spellstore are gone. Spells that you might cast from an item... like a Pin of magic armor you can still use that.

Dispel was changed in the last errata to only turn off Tinker'd items, instead of Ornamented or Weaponsmith'd items.

So if Ivan already Synchroniz'd you at the start of the shift (for everything Aegis), and you were Dispel'd, your shirt on Pin 2x/GD would be unaffected, and your buffs would drop. I'm not sure how Tinker'd items on your person (un-activated) would react to the Dispel - would your Ribbon of Truth would be turned off for 10 minutes, or would it be unaffected because it wasn't yet activated?

But if you activated your Talisman of Warding at the start of the game day to keep spirits out of your cabin, and the cabin was hit with a Dispel, you'd be out of luck (since the Talisman of Warding can only be activated 1x/GD, and was just turned off for 10 minutes).

Wait so dispel does not affect ornamented items?

dispel disables shackles of grounding, and removes a grounding spell that's active on you. It also removes a spellstored grounding in your weapon, and the spellstore itself. However you can still cast a grounding out of your magic ring.

Sounds complicated!

Sounds complicated!

Works on active spells on you and your equipment, plus deactivates/disables tinkering items for 10 minutes.