Sign in to follow this  
Salami Jones

Spellburst Question

I can't remember who I was talking to about this. Someone was telling me Spellburst only effects spells that produce magical tag bags, thus it doesn't multiply Creeping Rot or Ruin. Is this the case? I thought the wording included any tagbag spell.

Guest Elrohir Amandil

I was told "magic tagbag" only as well. Because I remember thinking that Spellbursting Ruin would just obliterate a whole shield wall if used amazingly well but then that idea was shot down.

Creeping rot is plain poison damage, not magical poison, the spell itself says so.

Spellburst: Enchantment Level 3 (Replaces Eldritch Suck)

• 10 Minute Duration

• Range: Target Touched

• For the next 10 minutes, any spell that produces tag bags is enhanced to be a spray instead. Instead of throwing one tag bag at a time, instead you may throw a handful. A spell may only affect a target once per throw. (IE: Magic swarm doesn't do 64 damage to one person)

The Feb Feast handout makes no mention about magic vs non-magic tagbags. Was the spell amended since then?

Guest Elrohir Amandil

This also lets the spell get around some spells like anti magic shield and aura of reflection.

How does it do that if a single spell burst can only affect one target once per cast?

How does it do that if a single spell burst can only affect one target once per cast?

He means Creeping Rot cant be called "No Effect" with Antimagic Aura and can't be reflected. Same goes for Ruin

The danger of spell burst is if you hit multiple people who have reflection up you can possibly kill yourself. Which makes me wonder if enough damage is reflected at you to cause a mortal wound possibly more... does it KB you?

I wouldn't say it would KB you because you can't just toss a tag bag at someone dead and count it as a KB because you must have control of the battle to do a KB.

I wouldn't say it would KB you because you can't just toss a tag bag at someone dead and count it as a KB because you must have control of the battle to do a KB.

I've been told otherwise. Using magic to killing blow someone or something is viable as far as I know.

I've been told otherwise. Using magic to killing blow someone or something is viable as far as I know.

You can, but not in the middle of a battle. If you can push a tag bag into their chest without having to hurry because someone is charging at you or shooting at you, then you can KB someone with a spell. You can't fling it at them and call it a KB though.

sweet jesus you people are excited.

I don't recall spellburst not working on the non-magical spells. I remember mageblade not working like that.

Spell reflection doesn't ever KB you, that's just dumb. When the fatvack hits you for 55 you don't automatically get KB'd, even if he hits you three more times before you hit the ground.

I will do some further research to see if there's anything on the forums where it was said otherwise about spellburst.