Sign in to follow this  
sammythegun

Second Breath

As an NPC last event I came across this from 3 different people at 3 different encounters.

They went down from damage, mortal wounds, and then jumped back up when my back was turned, or whoever the were fighting. They were not KB'd.

Thats wrong right? you must be KB'd or wait 10 minutes for bleed out correct?

If I'm correct about this something should be said.

According to the Feb Feast 2013 handout:

Second Breath: Target may gain the effect of a Revive spell anytime at their discretion within ten minutes

after a Killing Blow/Bleeding Out. Target is immune to Reap Spirit.

So yeah, those people can get back up after receiving a mortal wound now. I was probably one of the people you saw doing this, since this is my new favorite tactic. :P

I read it the other way.

You gain the effect of Revive AFTER being Killing Blown or AFTER bleeding out, meaning dead, not mortally wounded.

So if you're bleeding out then you cannot hop back up.

I've always understood that Killing Blow eliminates/bypasses Second Breath. You pop up during Bleed Out now, instead of waiting the ten minutes of Bleed Out.

Rules?

The new version of Second Breath lets you have revive cast on yourself at any time, within 10 mins, after you receive a Mortal Wound or KB. You are also immune to Reap Spirit.

Revive is as follows:

Revive is the most powerful of healing magic and is capable of returning a character from the edge of death. A character must receive a Revive before the end of the game day when their character fell from a torso wound, and if they fail to do so the character moves on to permanent death. When Revive is cast on a fallen character the character returns to consciousness free of all previous injuries and illness. The spell heals all lost body points, limb wounds, the effects of disease, poison, and most other ailments. Revive does not restore a character's expended power points if they had any before falling, nor does it restore a player's expended scrolls, poison, Alchemy products, or magic objects. All protective spells, such as Magic Armor, end when a character falls, and are not restored when they are Revived. The character feels no ill effects from this recovery and may continue on as normal. They retain their complete memories up to the point of their collapse and are permitted to act on this information assuming they do not meta-game details they may have discovered after that. For reasons of in game consistency, it is assumed that Revive is unable to reverse the effects of normal aging.

Revive will not raise a character that has had a Reap Spirit spell cast on them. A peice of the body present at the time of death is required for Revive. If any part of a character's body had Reap Spirit cast on it, then the entire body is ineligible for Revive until their spirit is returned, as per the Reap Spirit spell.

ok, so after mortal wound or kb. got it. yeah for new cheap tactics! guess it does make the spell more fun for pc,s.

Just remember that it is a 'Self' type range spell. So you need to actually have the skill on your sheet to be able to cast it via consumables and you can't give it to friends.

The rule of revive needs to be edited. It still mentions spells go away when you are dropped to bleeding out. Spells stay til duration now.

Yes. You are correct. Also where are you reading it? Many places still need to be updated and haven't been yet.

Yes. You are correct. Also where are you reading it? Many places still need to be updated and haven't been yet.

Wherever you quoted from in your post above, still has the bit about spells ending.

Can Revive be cast on a target that is in Bleed-Out as opposed to Death? Because I thought someone with a Torso Wound who was still bleeding out would call No Effect to a Revive. Or is Revive the same as Panacea except that it also 'cures' death? That would make the difference in using the new & improved version of Second Breath to tactical advantage in combat i.e. popping back up whenever you want without first having to bleed out or receive a killing blow.

Revive is essentially a Panacea plus cures death.

So I don't need to Killing Blow people before Reviving them?

Eh, too bad, I'm still doing that. :P

Yes, Revive is super saiyan panacea. It does everything panacea does, plus more.