Sign in to follow this  
NarenZade

Poisons and Charges

So this last game I put Spyderbyte on my Goblin Iron sword. I had two charges of Poison Curse. I hit the first one for Poison Curse then hit him for 4 a couple times. I hit the second for Poison Curse then for 4 a couple times. I realized my mistake after the encounter and took a Torso.

The C&S rep wasn't totally certain that I should have taken the Torso. We looked at the poison and it says "it will allow the next swing to be for Poison Curse."

TL;DR - Poisons on a Goblin Iron weapon. Do you need to swing for your call consecutively or can you break them up as long as they're done under the 10 minute duration?

Specifically, with a goblin iron sword, the next two hits must call the effect. This is also the case with multiple tag bag spells cast through a mageblade.

That's what I thought and that's why I took the torso. When we read the Poison though it was confusing because of the word 'allow'.

Also, if I recall correctly.... poisons like Grip of Darkness, Spyderbyte, Scorpion's Kiss, etc. only get one charge. The upper level ones even go as far as NEED to be on a Goblin Iron weapon (not optional).

Old items (like my feb feast sword) were specifically grandfathered in to hold 2 charges.

My understanding is all poisons work on all weapons, but get doubled on a Goblin Iron Weapon.

My understanding is all poisons work on all weapons, but get doubled on a Goblin Iron Weapon.

This isn't true for the "new" poisons. They're special snowflakes and also cannot be produced by Alchemists like 'normal' poisons without the Formula.

It says on the slip of paper for the poison (or it should) that it must be a goblin iron weapon and has one charge. But otherwise, you're right.

This isn't true for the "new" poisons. They're special snowflakes and also cannot be produced by Alchemists like 'normal' poisons without the Formula.

It says on the slip of paper for the poison (or it should) that it must be a goblin iron weapon and has one charge. But otherwise, you're right.

Bile of Nox was the only one I wrote that required a Goblin Iron Weapon. At the time, 4 poison slay seemed like it was powerful enough to require a balancing factor. Since then, Slay damage has become a bit more common.

Slay in melee is still very good.

The main drawback of the poison is that it has to be applied before striking, which is less convenient than a master's strike. Bile of Nox may knock 3 hits off killing a bagman, but it may be a lacking some utility relative to the expense and effort to use it.

I wouldn't mind making all poisons universal in that they have 1 dose on a normal blade for 10 min or 2 on a goblin iron one for 20 min. Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

I wouldn't mind making all poisons universal in that they have 1 dose on a normal blade for 10 min or 2 on a goblin iron one for 20 min. Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

I like this

Getting a master's stroke isn't exactly easy. It takes 52 skill points to get there.